October 7th, 2015

October 7th, 2015

        "Talking to Ophelia about her other self has busied her mind, and not in a good way. But, in typical O tradition, she found a way to deal with it. I came home from the market and she'd gotten home from work sometime while I was out. Only, when I got home, I found O in -once again- a strange position that made me pause where I stood. I didn't know bodies twisted like that; she was sprawled out on a towel on the floor, her arms and legs all bent. At first she didn't even notice me, not until I put the bags of groceries down did she open her eyes. She looked tired, as though she had been napping in that position.

        She explained that it was yoga, something she'd been doing for a while to calm herself down when I wasn't home. She explained that it gave her the chance to keep her flexibility, strengthen her body, and put her mind into a complete blank slate. Whenever the thoughts bubbled up, she could just calm herself by focusing on her breathing. It was a strange thought, but I understood as well as I could. She sat me down, despite my protests, and put her hands upon my temples, eyes locked. That alone calmed me, though I wasn't not calm to begin with. She showed me how to slow my breathing, and in turn, my heart rate; she used her fingers to close my eyes, a strange gesture, but another one of those things that makes her... her.

          Sitting cross-legged across from each other, she had me keep my eyes closed, my breathing in time with hers, and she held my hands. I could only feel her one hand; my metal hand has no feeling, and I wondered how cold the metal was on her soft skin. She told me my heart rate increased, and to knock whatever stupid thoughts I had out of my head; damn it I love her. I should have said it, right then, but I was supposed to be meditating, or something. She taught me how to calm myself like that, so that when I'm alone and have a bad feeling, I can calm myself. I probably won't ever use it, she still struggles with bad thoughts more than me now. Hers are deeper, the marks on her skin hardly scratching the surface of her pain, so I can see why she would need to try every method of putting her mind at ease. I'm glad she has found this, this meditating. It's good for her."