Chapter 12

I'm so into this story, I keep forgetting to update my other ones... #sorrynotsorry

- Bangtan_Trash2401 ♡

YOONGI'S POV

I opened my eyes, finding Jimin laying down on me with his head on my chest. I groaned and glanced at the clock, seeing that it was 9 am on a Sunday morning. I shifted myself so that I was sat up against the sofa, Jimin's sleeping body resting on my legs. His eyes were tightly shut and his breathing was even, and I found myself falling back to sleep again.

It was dark. Not a single flicker of light was seen, and the only sounds heard were what I thought were footsteps. Suddenly, loud laughter erupted in my ears and my parents stood there in front of me, my brother beside me with a grin plastered on his face. My body, however, felt heavy, and I was unable to flash him a smile back. The laughter had stopped and I saw the faint droplets of rain, the floor moulding into a road.

There lay the body of my dead family, the car crushed and delapidated beside them. Blood splattered over their faces and their pale complection contrasted against the tarmac, the lifeless eyes staring back at me. Again, I tried to move, to scream for help, to run away, but every attempt was futile. So I stood there. I stood there while the scene was laid out in front of me. The edges of my vision began to blur and go black, but the bodies of my family still lay there, glassy eyes staring into my own.

A flash of light streamed past, and the ground beneath me was now covered in lush greenery. I heard a familiar giggle, and a thin strip of road separated me from the person laughing. Across the cracked road, stood Jimin, flowers decorating his jet black hair and his body framed in pure white clothing.

"Yoongi!" He yelled, running towards me, arms outstretched for a hug. Suddenly, his body fell to the floor, white clothes blooming with red splotches. My heart shattered, and I lifted my hands, finding red staining every crevice of my palm and fingertips.

"Y-Yoongi. Yoongi. Yoongi." He chanted, plump pink lips turning a blue hue. I wanted to pull out my phone, contact and ambulance and save him, but my hands remained where they were. I watched as his skin paled, his eyes fluttering shut as his chest had stopped rising and falling.

"Yoongi."

"Yoongi!"

"Yoongi! Please, wake up! You're scaring me, goddamnit!" A familiar voice yelled. My eyes flew open and worried brown eyes met mine. My breathing was erratic, a layer of sweat covering every inch of my skin. Jimin's grip was tight on my shoulders, and his eyes threatened to leak tears. His bottom lip was being chewed vigorously between his teeth, his own breathing fast and short. I blinked thrice, releasing a deep exhale.

"Jimin I-,"

"Tell me what happened! You scared the hell out of me, whimpering and crying in your sleep... I thought... I thought you..." he trailed off, a few tears slipping down his cheeks.

"I was so scared, and worried. I was so freaked out, you weren't waking up and you looked like you were in so much pain. I didn't know... whether to call an ambulance, I was just so... hopeless. I'm so hopelessly useless and it scared me, to the point where-" I cut him off by pressing a kiss to his lips, a salty flavour invading my mouth. I felt my own cheeks become wet, and Jimin wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

"I'm sorry, it was just... A nightmare," I mumbled. He wiped away his tears, cupping my face in his hands and brushing away my own. His eyes shone with worry, but honesty and adoration were mostly evident.

"Yoongi, you can trust me, please tell me what happened. I want to help," he whispered, sitting himself down on my lap. I sighed deeply, pulling him in so that he'd rest his head on my shoulder. His hand found mine, tangling our fingers together and squeezing reassuringly. I closed my eyes, feeling dread rise up inside me.

"It was... it's a fresh memory," I stated, feeling Jimin's chest vibrate as he hummed. "I was with my family, and we had all gone out to eat. We were celebrating my brother's new job offer, and so we decided to go to this fancy restaurant that we had gotten reservations to. So, we all got into the car and we got there and everything, and we ate but it was just when we were going home. My mum was driving, because my dad and brother had a bit too much to drink, and so I decided to grab some water from the small corner store that we were about to pass. I had gone into the store, when someone ran in, screaming that a terrible accident had happened. I remember throwing the money onto the till, but I wish I hadn't walked out. Our car was laying on it's side, another car beside it. I remember the way... the way their bodies were... h-hauled out so they could-d go t-to the h-hosp-pital but," I stuttered, tears running down my face. I felt my shoulder getting wet, and Jimin quivering in my arms, but his hand still managed to gently reassure me. "And it was just... it was t-too late and,"

"Sh, it's ok I-"

"They were dead and I couldn't save them. And then, I was just sleeping, but everything regurgitated itself but this time, you-"

"Y-Yoongi stop it's-"

"I couldn't save you either. I watched you die! I watched you die in front of me and... it killed me I'm so-"

"Yoongi, breathe, Yoon-"

"I couldn't-"

"Yoongi!" He yelled, grabbing my face with both hands. My breaths were short and irregular, but his hands and kisses to my forehead calmed me down. His hushing noises and soothing voice instantly made me feel safe, and I found my tears slowly stopping and breathing regulating again.

"I'm right here, and I'm not going to die any time soon. I'm going to grow old with you; we'll be that old couple that everyone coos at, and we'll still be together, even if we're dead. I'll never leave your side, no matter what. I promise I'll try to fix you, because you're fixing me," he whispered, pressing a kiss to my cheek.

I felt his chubby fingertips thread through my hair, and he pulled me down so that we were both laying on the sofa.

"Sleep, Yoongi. I promise I'll keep you safe," he reassured, pulling me in for a hug. I nodded weakly, my eyelids heavy, and I found myself drifting off to his fingertips drawing patterns on my back.

Just loads of sleep... something which I lack...

I hope you now get the whole trauma that Yoongi is suffering, so this chapter is just a filler... sorry x

- Bangtan_Trash2401 ♡