Chapter 21

Wowzer an update... product of procrastination away from art

I'm so sorry guys! I don't think wattpad put up my full chapter ughhh but here it is in case it didn't work

- cute-namjoonie ♡

JIMIN'S POV

My hand had become clammy against Yoongi's, but I still held on. My face was tear stained, mirroring the heavy rain against the window panel. Sniffling, I turned to the silent boy, watching his chest rise and fall gently, bringing the thin blanket up and down in synchronisation. I smiled through the haze of tears, settling the side of my head against his heartbeat. Each thump filled my own heart with hope, compelling me to hold his hand tighter. The low groan of door hinges made me perk up, eyes meeting with two boys. I recognised them both, the brown haired boy's face far more dishevelled and distraught than the raven's. They stood there when our gazes locked, a bundle of flowers resting in their nervous palms, lips pursed and atmosphere thickening.

I stared at them both, anger bubbling in the pit of my stomach, forcing me to snap and swing my chair to the side. The brunette's shuffling footsteps stuttered, ankles bending at the abrupt stop. I glared at him, eyes thin slits and raging, burning words threatening to be spat out at him. His caramel eyes met mine; red blotched surface was coated in a thick sheet of unshed tears, eyelashes stuck together due to the few that had escaped. All of a sudden, the plummeting feeling of my adrenaline halting, snapped me out of my state, and my own eyes began to tear up at the horrid thought of my anger.

Yoongi wouldn't want that Jimin, he loved you when you're sweet and kind. Don't mess this up for him.

I peeled my eyes away from the brunette, turning slowly to meet with the sympathetic gaze of the raven. He stepped forward, placing a delicate touch against my shoulder, before gently tugging me in for a hug. I felt the faint warm droplets of tears fall against patches of hair and my shoulder, indicating that the boy was in fact, crying. I brought my arms up his back, clutching on tightly and allowing my own tears to seep through the front of his shirt. Choking noises were heard, and another pair of arms wrapped around the hug, enveloping the three of us in a sobbing mess.

We pulled apart, lips heaving in deep, shaky breaths. The brunette clutched the bouquet of beautiful flowers, side stepping past me and gazing down at Yoongi. He tilted his head slightly, eyes silently begging for him to have a moment. I nodded, quietly slipping besides the raven who was now sat on the sofa beside the wall. The other boy sat down, placing the bouquet at the foot of the bed, carefully maneuvering his legs to fold them without shaking the bed.

"Yoongi? Yeah, Yoongi. I don't know how to say it, I honestly don't. I'm so sorry, more than words could ever say, more than I can ever master. But you'll wake up, I know you will, I believe in you. I'm sorry for even putting you here in the first p-place I - I'm I-," he choked, face burying into his palms as he broke down completely, hysterically sobbing and shrieking about how sorry he was. I watched the raven lunge towards him, scooping him up into a tight hug and stroking his back comfortingly. My own tears stung my eyes, but I blinked them back, watching the pair shudder and stifle back cries. I walked over to them, examining how they both weakly stumbled outside the room, their scream-like sobs filling the hollow corridor.

A few minutes later, I had decided to get up and occupy the chair beside Yoongi. His face was still motionless and stiff, just like a statue frozen in place. I leaned over to press a kiss to the soft skin of his cheek, my tear stained cheekbones wetting his own slightly. I reached up, pressing my plump fingers gently against the skin and wiped away the small patches of tears that I had left behind.

My gaze shifted upwards, noticing the steady beeping of the heart monitor. The green line steadily peaked, dropping back down again, only to repeat the process again. I smiled; the screen filling me with hope that Yoongi would wake up. I imagined the way his eyes would flutter open, the way the soft golden rays of the sun would sit on the surface of his complexion, dipping into the dips of his face. The image regurgitated a small chuckle and a hopeful, but weak smile. I clung to Yoongi's hand, watching how his fingertips lay there and didn't cup my hand back, forcing the smile to be erased from my lips. I sat in silence, staring out of the window and watching the night sky engulf the sun.

An hour had passed, the beeping noise painfully embedded into my skull and keeping me awake, the ringing drilling against my temples. The slow taps of footsteps clicked against the floor, forcing me to tilt my head and be met with the sight of a petite nurse.

"I'm sorry sir, but visiting hours are over," she mumbled shyly. I wrenched a small onto my lips, eyes barely sparking any happiness.

"Absolutely, Miss, but please could I have a moment alone with him?"

She nodded, bowing before exiting the room. I sighed, eyes tearing up at Yoongi's bland expression. The oxygen mask was framed along his lips, making me frustrated as I desperately wanted to feel them against my own. His bleach blonde hair had parted by the bangs, revealing the skin of his forehead. I smiled, pressing another kiss against the surface, before combing his hair back into it's iconic place. I brought his hand up to my lips, the kiss pressed and indented into the back of his hand.

"I'll be back, Yoongi. I'll be here everyday until the day comes that you open your eyes and it will be just the two of us, ok? It would be perfect... The- the best moment of my life! It would be am-,"

"Sorry, sir, I'm afraid you'll have to leave now. Sincere apologies."

With a quick peck to his temple, I rose to my feet and passed the nurse. Her gaze followed me as I left the room, but she spun on her heel and caught me before I left.

"Sir, if you'd like, I can extend the visiting hours for you in the morning? It's against policy but..."

"Don't worry, don't sacrifice your-,"

"Please," she begged, eyes pleading for me to take up her suggestion. I sighed playfully and nodded, watching her features spread into a smile.

"Now, can I take your name?"

"Min Jimin."

Wah I'll be writing up 'break from wattpad' notes and dates later! But if you haven't already, check out my new book that I published called "My Angel" It's a VMIN... plus my tags book (don't be scared to tag me btw! Tags seem fun) so uhhh... sorry bout the self promo but... yeahhhhhhhhh...

- cute-namjoonie ♡