Chapter 18

I promise not to cry

*crosses toes* fuck

- cute-namjoonie ♡

JIMIN'S POV

I slammed the door of Yoongi's apartment shut, eyes puffy and vision blurry. I heaved myself onto the sofa, blankly staring at the ceiling, the heavy weight of sadness sitting on my chest, making each breath harder to take. Shakily, I lifted my hands to my face, wiping away the tears that were resting on my cheeks. I pulled my bottom lip between my teeth, sucking in the soft, pink flesh, before harshly biting down. My lips attempted to quiver, a small whimper escaping through the gap of my mouth. I cringed, eyes watering even more, the hot tears slipping down my neck to pool at the intersect above my collarbones. I cringed, throat clogging up due to the unshed noises that were trapped. My eyes slipped shut, but the memory of Yoongi flashed before me, and they soon reopened. I exhaled deeply, blubbering out a string of curse words and uneven breaths.

"Y-Yoongi... w-wake me up-p... this is a d-dream, r-right-t? I - I'm ready f-for school, Yoon-ngi," I mumbled weakly, my arm muffling my voice as it covered my mouth. I tried to speak, but each time I choked out a sob. Each time, my shoulders would wrack and shake, and I felt each drop of energy slower drain from me, the exhaustion hauling me into deep slumber.

"Yoongi!"
The blonde haired figure edged closer, lips upturned into a sweet smile.
"Yoongi... ah um... can we... go out on a um d-,"
"Date? Sure Jimin, where do you want to go?"
"Anywhere, as long as it's with you."

His pale, thin fingers wrapped over my small hands, his ghost like complexion contrasting against my tan ones. He lead me down a small hill, both side lined with beautiful flowers, the white standing out from the grey concrete tiles. Soon, we made it to the end of the hill, when Yoongi took a step back. I turned around in confusion, eyes meeting his dark gaze. A smirk was plastered to his lips; a look I had never seen before.

"I'll see you there, Jimin. Keep walking."

"Walk with me, Yoongi. I can wait."

"Walk. Jimin." He stated sternly, glare cold and menacing. I gulped, watching as his transparent cheeks lifted when a dirty smile littered his face.

"I promise I'll protect you," he growled mockingly, eyes taunting me to do what he said. My eyebrows furrowed and I span on my heel.

I didn't hear the car, hell, I didn't even see the lights.

But Yoongi laid there, eyes frozen and blood painting his face. Irises were focused on me, but then his lips suddenly turned up into his unnatural smirk.

"It's all your fault. You murderer."

"It's not my fault!" I screamed, my own voice jolting me awake. I felt a hot wave of tears slide down my cheeks as I hurled my face forward, snapping me out of the nightmare. I flung my drenched face into the palms of my hands, some tears slipping through the gaps of my fingers to hit the carpeted floor, the cream surface absorbing them instantly.

The carpet that we laid on during rainy nights.

I shrieked into my hands, feet feeling as though they were burnt due to the memory flooding into my mind. I pulled my legs up, hugging my knees into my chest and sobbing into my jeans.

"Jiminie! Come here, you look cold. Let me warm you up."
"Thank you Yoongi," I stuttered, blushing when his arm wrapped around my curled up body. He kissed my forehead and pulled me in closer.
"Anything for you, baby."

I tightened my grip on my legs, hysterically crying. The uncomfortable silence seeped into the room, and I found myself stumbling off of the sofa and dumbly walking into the coffee table.

"Jimin, love, I made you breakfast!"
"Aish, Yoongi, you didn't have to."
"I have to take care of my boyfriend... now eat up. That coffee isn't gonna drink itself, and those eggs sure aren't gonna eat themselves."
I giggled at his remark, taking a place on the floor to eat at the coffee table. Yoongi joined me a short while after, pressing a kiss to my lips, as I chanted 'thank yous' into the crook of his neck.

"St-top-p! S-Someone... t-tell me it's all a d-dream..." I cried, holding onto the banister of the staircase. I heaved myself up onto the first step, legs heavy and uncooperative. Groaning softly, I made my way up the stairs, sitting at the top with my face buried into my hands.

"Jimin! I have a surprise for you!" Yoongi yelled, pushing the door to our bedroom open, startling me awake.
"Yoongi it's like... Sunday... "
"You'll love it."
"Show me."
And there, at the top of the stairs, was a beautiful bouquet of peach coloured roses, alongside a tray of sugar biscuits.
"Sugar biscuits?"
"These ones are special, they're Suga biscuits."
We both laughed at his lame joke, perching ourselves on the edge of the stairs, my heart thrumming when he pressed kisses against my cheek and placing pieces of sweet biscuit in my mouth.
"I love you Jimin."

"N-no more... p-pleas-se," I whispered, fingers clawing at the top step. My throat burned, as if I had swallowed acid, and my head pounded painfully against my skull. I laid my face against the landing of the stairs, droplets falling onto the fabric. My eyes stung, thoroughly overworked and raw. I dug my elbows beneath me, lifting myself up to lazily stand up on my own two feet. I looked to the right, eyes making contact with the door to the bedroom that was left slightly ajar.

"Yoo~ngi! Yoongi I'm tired!" I yelled, feeling his nimble fingers dance along my sides, making me giggle into the pillow that my head rested on. He laughed too, breath short and sleep induced.
"Jimin, you know what?"
"Hm?"
"I love waking up every morning."
"So do I Yoongi! Everyone does!"
"I love waking up because... I wake up next to you."