Chapter 24

I'm crying I think I'm failing all of my exams so far....

And again, the feeling of being useless seeps back in, I had always hoped to find someone to talk to, and I'm so glad that you guys are here. Love you all, thank you for all your support ♡

This chapter is... the end... it's going to be sad, and possibly triggering. So, all my lovely cupcakes (cupcakes? Idk... feeling really hungry rn), I can write up a happy ending for this book if you like, but be prepared to have to wait, because I'm really stressed for time.

- cute-namjoonie ♡

A YEAR LATER - YOONGI'S APARTMENT

JIMIN'S POV

I sighed, leaning against the wall as I adjusted the crutch below my shoulder, allowing my black hair to stick to the pale-lit walls. A weak smile ghosted over my lips as the cool metal of the crutch gripped my leg, sending goosebumps littering across the expanse of exposed, milky skin.

"Jimin? Jimin, where are you?" A voice called out, the jingling of keys and click of the door resonating through the corridors of the apartment. I cringed, a sharp pain shooting up my side like a million tiny pinpricks stabbing along my rib cage.

"Seokjin hyung? Jin, I need help, my legs feel like they're going to give," I wheezed, tears forming around the lower circumference of my eyes, gluing the clumps of sleep further against the bristles of my eyelashes. A head of blonde hair followed by a brunette, both jogged in, eyes wide and hands gently caressing my shoulders and lowering me to the floor. Jin's eyes were hooded with concern, blonde hair falling over his brown orbs, as Taehyung lurched to grab my crutch before I slumped against the surface of the wooden floor. I groaned, discomfort bubbling along my limbs as my muscles became rigid beneath the sheet of thin, lifeless skin that clung to me. An undesirable heat flushed through me, making a strangled groan fall from my lips, another wave of pain shuddering up my side.

"Jimin? Jiminie, sweetheart, breathe... in, out, in- Jimin? Jimin, come on, stay with me, keep in time with Jin. Look at me l- Taehyung? Taehyung grab some water! Quickly!" Jin yelled, cheeks flushed as panic washed over his face. My throat tightened and constricted, like a grip of a rope had slung itself around the area of my untarnished neck. I heaved, eyes rolling back as the struggle to breathe crept up my throat, lungs burning as if being set alight by a torch. Taehyung was mumbling a string of curse words, streaking cold water along my face with his fingertips, as Jin propped my head up against the side of his knees, the cool cup pressed against my plump lips. The water seeped into the caverns of my mouth, the refreshing liquid soothing the burning, tingling sensation within my mouth. I nodded, the cup being released from my lips as Jin lifted me up, alongside Taehyung, and arranging the crutch beneath my elbow, before leaning back against and breathing a relieved sigh. My fingertips clutched the handle, allowing me to position my weight against the steady pole of the crutch. A soft click perked my ears, and I cast a pleased glance at my left hand.

A beautiful diamond sat in the middle of a silver band, an engraving of "Yoongi" indented into the slightly scarred metal. I watched as it sat perfectly against the milky skin of my chubby finger, and I gazed past Jin and Taehyung, staring directly at a photograph I had printed of me and Yoongi. His slender arms were wrapped securely around my waist, his hair tousled and freshly bleached, a row of teeth peeking out from his parted soft pink lips. His white shirt hung loosely on his skinny frame, contrasting heavily against the black t shirt that had clung to my torso. Our legs were encased in skinny black jeans, the rips at the knees flaunting our flawless skin that remained beneath the material. Our faces were both materialised into stupid grins, cheeks being dented with dimples and soft laughter lines, wisps of hair intertwining in the frozen gust of wind.