Chapter 13

I hate myself and I'm sure everyone hates me... but I can live with that. I'm in a better mood than earlier on today, but I'm still not feeling my best, apologies if this chapter suuucks.

《Sometimes, breaking free means being a bit of a bitch》

- Bangtan_Trash2401 ♡

JIMIN'S POV

I woke up, only to find that it was dark and late into Sunday evening. I realised that I hadn't done any of my homework, and became flushed with panic. I got up too quickly, making Yoongi's eyes fly open in distress, his grip tightening on my arm. I lowered myself so that our eyes met, and his features softened into a tired grin.

"What's wrong?" He whispered.

"I haven't done my homework, Yoongi," I answered back, and he let out a mocking chortle.

"Like the teachers even care... let's go upstairs and sleep on the bed," he whined childishly, tugging on my sleeve. I huffed, pulling him up with me and sluggishly trudging up the stairs to the bedroom. Yoongi immediately fell onto the plush mattress face first, his laugh muffled by the fluffy material.

"Jiminie, come lay with me," he complained. I sighed again and followed him to the bed, where I placed myself down next to his outstretched arm. He immediately pulled me into his side, and snuggled into the crook of my neck, strands of hair tickling my chin and cheek. I turned my face and witnessed how his eyes were slightly stained pink, but they held happiness in the golden brown orbs. A rush of courage pushed me to press a kiss to his cheek, even taking Yoongi by surprise as he let out a small yelp.

After breaking apart, I found myself tangled in Yoongi's limbs and resting my head on his chest.

"Yoongi?" I asked, hearing him hum in approval.

"I should really do my work," I complained, but his grip strengthened.

"Think of the date, dummy. It's a fucking bank holiday. You can go to school if you really want, but I would have thought that you would visit your mum, no?" He said, a small smile playing on his lips. I groaned and face palmed, relaxing into his chest, feeling his chest reverberate with laughter. I slapped the side of him arm playfully, and slid off him. He lifted the covers from beneath him and snuck underneath, ushering me to join him. Without any hesitation, I clambered under the sheets beside him.

Pressing a peck to his cheek, I was about to complain about sleeping in his clothes, but my phone let out an annoying buzz. I grabbed it out of my pocket and gulped nervously, looking at the sender of the message.

To: Jimin
From: Father

Message: Jimin, what is this? I knew you were gay, but I thought the phase would have passed by now. Who is this?

《Image attached》

My fingers quivered as I pressed onto the attached file. My inhale was short and I felt Yoongi's eyes burn into the side of my head, but I didn't even dare look in his direction.

Open file? Yes [x] No [ ]》

Image:

My heart thrummed violently in my chest and I felt my hands begin shaking. I bit my lip, and my phone buzzed again, notifying me that I got another message.

To: Jimin
From: Father

Message: Jimin, I will find this man. You aren't allowed to see him, understand? Also, you'll be staying over at mine for the next two weeks. You will meet me tomorrow, outside you and your mother's house at 9 am as I have a meeting later. If you aren't there, I will personally find you. If you are with that man, I expect you to be near a hospital.

The last sentence threw me off entirely, and I looked at Yoongi. His mouth was pressed into a worried frown, his eyebrows knitted and his eyes searching my face for any signs. I sent him a weak smile, but he frowned deeper and stared into my eyes.

"Jimin, what's wrong?" He asked, voice stern with authority.

"N-Nothing," I stuttered stupidly, mentally face palming as I basically gave away that something was clearly wrong. He sent me a smile, cupping my cheek and asking again, making me sigh in defeat and hand him my phone.

He chuckled darkly, before giving my phone back.

"Some old geezer isn't getting between us, understand? You won't be going anywhere at 9 am, other than the hospital. Tell your old man to fuck himself, because I'm not scared," he bravely remarked. I placed my phone beside me and quivered.

"Jimin it's okay, he's not going to do any-,"

"But what if he does, Yoongi? Do you even know my father? Do you know how my mum is even receiving treatment? My father is owner of some fancy company, and he's rich as hell. He can, and will, do anything to anyone that stands in his way."

"Then..." Yoongi tried, but he sighed and wrapped his arms around my waist. "Then I don't care what happens to me, I'm a bully after all. I can fight my battles, making this guy no different. We'll get through this. I promised you we'd visit your mum tomorrow, so we'll be visiting your mum. This old shit isn't going to get in the way of anything, understand?" He reassured. I nodded and curled into his chest, eyes feeling heavy despite all the sleeping I had already done today.

"Go to sleep baby, we'll be fine," I heard him whisper, before my eyes shut and I fell into a deep sleep.

****

The next morning was silent, and I groaned and reached out for Yoongi, but the bed was empty beside me.

"Yoongi?" I called out, in case he was making breakfast, but there was no response. I glanced at the clock.

|9:25 am|

I rubbed my eyes, and grabbed my phone to call Yoongi, asking if he went grocery or something. Instead, I saw a text that made my heart jump into my throat.

To: Jimin
From: Yoongi ♡

Message: I had to take care of something, sleep well my love x

He wouldn't. No, Yoongi's not stupid, he couldn't have. The door bell rung, making me jump. It rung again, and I swung my weak legs over the side of the bed and hurtled down the stairs, phone in hand. I looked through the peephole, but there was no one there, so I just opened the door in case it was Yoongi playing a prank. What I saw on the doorstep sent a heavy stab into my heart.

Yoongi lay there with cuts and blood littering his face. Bruises and blemishes decorated his pale skin, like purple splotches of paint on canvas. The air escaped my lips as I dropped down on my knees beside him, grabbing his shoulders and shaking him slightly. He groaned and weakly raised his arm, eyes cracking open slightly. He managed a small smile, before his arm fell back to his side, so I picked him up and kicked the door shut behind me. I placed him on the sofa and examined his face that was heavily beaten up. I felt tears glide down my face and drip down onto his top. My phone vibrated again, and I was quick to open the message.

To: Jimin
From: Father

Message: Jimin, do as I ask and stay with me.

Rage poured through my veins, and I gripped my phone, typing out my reply. I turned it off before receiving a reply, and my walls crumbled. I sank down next to an unconscious Yoongi, sobbing into my hands.

It's all my fault.

Oh shit son... this book is packed with loads of sadness... but just wait until the end!!

- Bangtan_Trash2401 ♡