5.

I grabbed my keys and went out to my car and drove to the last point the gps tracked her. I rolled my eyes when I pulled up to a dirt path leading into the woods. I got out locking the doors and started to jog into the trees.
God I hate running.
When I came to this river that had a rope and a bridge I was hesitant on which I should use. I know Emilees fit but that doesn't mean that I am like her. She runs track. I stepped on the bridge to find it sturdy and made hast to get across it just in case it wasn't.
I looked at the dirt path next to the bridge and the rope that was secured to this side so someone could go the opposite. I noticed heavy foot prints like someone landed and figured it was Emilee. I rolled my eyes and fast walked down the trail.
Emilees dad was one of my Exs but I won't tell her who and he has no idea he has a kid anyway. I want to keep it that way.
I know this is about everything that's gone on but why she just runs instead of coming to talk to me will always be a mystery.
I saw a rather large tree coming up with wooden steps nailed to it along with handles on the side.
"You've got to be kidding me!" I yelled up the tree. I know she thinks this is funny. I rolled my eyes and started to climb up.
I soon came to a plat form. Rolling onto the structure I looked up and saw about two more above.
"Holy mother of Jesus's lamb." I mumbled. I looked over the edge to see how far up I was, only to see that I couldn't even see the ground.
Fuck it.
I looked around the plat form to see two chairs and two walls.
The next plat form I climbed onto and two more chairs three walls and a cooler. But no Emilee.
I climbed onto the next one to see that it had four walls a door a window on the side I climbed up on. I groaned and sat there for a moment to catch my breath.
I finally got up and and opened the door. And inside there she was lying on a cot the size of a normal mattress. There was a foam pad and it had sheets and everything on it to make it look like a normal bed. How the hell she get that up here? There was a chair in the corner and a cooler. Her phone was sitting on a box next to the make shift bed.
"If I wanted you to live in a tree I would have gotten you one closer to home." I complained and sat behind her knees as she was facing away from me.
Her eyes were closed but I knew she was faking.
"You're a horrible fake sleeper." She groaned and rolled over and faced me.
"What are you doing here?" I rolled my eyes.
"Why did you climb out of the window? Why did you leave or run away when you knew we were going some where? Why on earth does this tree house have to be all the way hell up here?" I questioned back.
"Fair enough. Because it's habit. Because I don't want to spend a day with them like we always do. And it makes it harder for other people to get up here. Only a couple people know of this place." I nodded and placed my hand in her hip.
"You young lady are grounded because you went out your window. 2. Because you are grounded you are going to go to the lake but you are going to have to sit there while everyone else has fun." I laughed internally at her reaction.
"Went out my window really? And I don't always want to spend time with them because we always do!" She jumped off the bed and walked out the door and grabbed ahold of a harness that was connected to a zip line. I grabbed her before she finished the harness and pulled her back into the room struggling. I cursed when we almost fell.
"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I asked worried and sat down in the chair holding her waist so she couldn't get away.
"Leaving!" She tried to stand up but couldn't because of the grip I held on her.
"No you are certainly not! Emilee Parrilla!" I gasped as she cursed while I was talking. "You are grounded and are getting a talk from your abuela!" That made her stop moving.
"But mamà!" She complained.
"Sin ella va a tratar con usted!" She hushed and started to pout.
T: no she will deal with you.

"Come on down we go and if you try leaving there will be dire consequences." I snapped before going down first making sure she was coming.
When we made it to the car I dialed my mother.
"Hola mamí. Yes you need to talk to your granddaughter. She decided to sneak out of her window twice and run away. I will talk to you more about it later." "Hand the phone to her hija."
I took the phone away from my ear and handed it to the teenager beside me.
"Hola.......no me gustaría tener, pero.......no........su hábito.......pero la abuela!.......lo siento aquí está." She handed the phone to me.
T: hello, no I wouldn't have but, no, it's habit, but grandma, sorry here she is.

I held the phone up to my ear.
"She's getting better at he Spanish." "Of course she is mother." "You on the other hand need a little more practice because you seem to forget." "I thought we were talking about my daughter." "Yes I think she needs to spend more time with you and just you. If you have to take her to set with you. Might not be the funnest thing to do but at least you'll know what she's doing all the time." "Kay I have to go love you mamí!" "Love you too." I hung up and parked in the garage.