19.

I woke and sighed.
"We have a lead to who the man might be." I looked up to see the female officer starring at me.
"Uh." I said looking around noticing that my mom was no longer with me.
"I asked her to leave a few minutes ago. Are you familiar with a man named Darin?" She asked taking the seat next to my bed.
"Darin?" I asked confused.
"You don't know a Darin? We only have his first name." I shook my head.
"All I know is that his voice wasn't that deep but he was a little taller than me." I summed up.
"You're lucky he didn't do more damage. What can you tell me that happened after the encounter?" She asked taking a note pad out.
"Well he took a blow to my side and after attempting to shoot me. But I'm guessing that-that he realized he'd be seen so he fled. I crawled to the beach before I couldn't go any farther." I summed up.
"Thank you." She scribbled some things down. "If there is anything please contact us." I nodded.
When she left my mom walked back in.
"How ya holding up kiddo?" She asked grabbing the tray of food and sitting on the bed facing me.
"Well she asked me if I new a Darin." I said taking the fist plate.
Her face went neutral.
"What was his last name?" She asked handing me a fork.
"She doesn't know or at least didn't want me to know if I didn't already." I studied her. "You know who he is don't you?" I asked setting the plate on my lap.
"No." She stated taking the pills and handing them to me.
"You know tell me." I said. She sighed.
"His last name is Keith. And he is your doner." I stopped everything. I dropped my fork I dropped my pills I dropped everything including my eyes.
"So you're telling me that the guy that helped make me is out to kill me?" I asked.
"Ya hold on I got to tell the officer." She got up kissed my forehead and left.
I just sat there not knowing what to do with myself.
Why would he try to kill me? How the hell did he know of me?
"Emilee?" I shook my head and looked at my mom who had worry written on her face.
"Who is he?" I mumbled.
"When I was dating him he was a nice guy. But he's I don't know how to explain it." I droned out I just starred at my hands.
The anger in me started to boil and my pinky in my right hand started to twitch a little. I pushed it down thinking that I need to get better quicker so I can go to the gym I need to hit something.

That night I was laying there letting my nurse check me out. After she left my mom walked in.
"I want to be alone." I mumbled closing my eyes.
"Well you're not going to be you have to have someone in your room at night." She said grabbing the hem of the blanket.
"Then have Audrey come in here." I sighed.
"No I made her go home along with everyone else. Fred is getting your things from the trailer because in two days they are going to release you and you're going to live with your abuela until the hiatus." I sighed and turned my face away from her. "I don't want you home alone and I don't want to pawn you off on Bryn." I felt her crawl into my bed and set an arm around my middle.
She got comfortable before she moved the blanket up.
"And I have a job to do. I will call you every night after work I will text you on my breaks, and on the weekends I will make sure to call you a lot." I rolled my eyes but she couldn't see it.
"Whatever I'm sleeping now." I whispered.
"Goodnight." She kissed my cheek and laid her head down again.

When I woke up it was still dark and my mom was still sleeping. I sighed and scooted as far as I could away from her body which wasn't far and used all my might not to wine from the pain in my mid section. I carefully and slowly got out of the bed and sighed at the accomplishment. I grabbed my things which included the IV and luckily they took the cathidor out so it wasn't attached to me. I gathered the gown and walked to the door. It was pain ful but I needed to do something.
I reached the door and sighed as I took a break. I looked back into the light darkness to see my mom still asleep.
I rested for a moment before opening the heavy door and sliding out. I walked down the hall way clutching the pole and my side. The hand on my side collected the gown so nobody could see my behind.
There was a nurse doing a hall sweep and it wasn't till she got closer that I realized she was my nurse.
"Nope back to your room missy your mother is going to have a cow when she realizes you snuck out." She said stopping by my side.
"Please I need to walk I need to be by myself. I can't have her constantly around me." I pleaded. She sighed and her facial features softened.
"Alright a half hour and I will be with you." I nodded and started to walk with her by my side. "So what's on your mind?" She asked making conversation.
"I have to go to New York because my mom won't be home to take care of me during the week and she doesn't want my girlfriends mother looking after me." I said quietly.