20.

I felt a shift in the bed that made me open my eyes. Emilee was laying back down.
"What's wrong?" I croaked.
"Nothing I just was getting a drink from my cup." She motioned to the cup on the table.
"You could have woken me." I mumbled getting her situated under the covers.
"I wanted to do it myself."

The next two days came and went. Emilee was brushing her hair into a bun.
"Are you ready Em?" My mother asked walking into the room and picked up her duffle bag.
"Ya just a sec." The older woman walked over to me.
"And how is my daughter?" She asked. I gave a weak smile.
"I'm good." She nodded slightly before taking the hand that was in my pocket and leading me into the hall way.
"Alright what's wrong?" She asked rubbing my bicep.
"I feel bad because it seems that I'm picking my career over my child." I had a few tears fall down my cheeks.
"Look Lana you are doing what you have to do. Your father was a base ball player and remember the one year that your birthday just happened to fall on a day that he was out of state for a game? He blamed himself for the exact same thing, but did you look at him like he was any different? No. you still loved him." She assured.
"I can't even get my daughter to tolerate me for more than a couple hours at a time before she needs to be by herself." She rolled her eyes.
"The girls growing up. When you were her age yes you still liked spending time with me but you didn't want to be spending time with me every second of the day! She needs to breath." I nodded and excepted the hug she offered.

"Now call me as soon as you land. Call me before bed and mamá make sure she doesn't work out in the gym till after her check up in a month." I ordered holding my daughter at arms length and smiled slightly. "And you missy be good and I love you." I kissed her forehead and hugged her.
"Love you too." She mumbled against my shoulder.
"Alright let's go the plane leaves in a little bit." I nodded and watched as my little girl left in a cab with my mother. Fred wrapped his arms around my mid section.
"She'll be alright." He kissed my neck.
"I know I just wish she didn't have to go." One of the main reasons she was going to live with my mother is because of Darin. I had to make sure she was safe.
I was sitting in my trailer reading over my lines when Jen walked in and sat next to me on the couch.
"So how's it going?" She asked sighing.
"Some of these words I'm going to have to improvise on." I mumbled.
"I was meaning with Emilee being in the states." I sighed and placed my paper down and moved my glasses so they were on top of my head. I rubbed my eyes and looked at her.
"Well I wish she didn't have to go." Her eyes dipped down a split second but I didn't notice until she did it again and her lips were on mine. I pulled back instantly. I had shock written all over my face. I mean I've kissed some of the others but Jen has always kept her distance.
"I'm sorry." Her head went down and she mended her hands together and looked like she was about to cry.
Sure I'm about to get married but I'm an actress. I know lame excuse but I've kissed Bex at conventions and I've kissed Sean and some others but with Jen I felt like I was cheating. I don't know why I'm not like well if I was Bi than sure I'd probably kiss girls more but I'm straight and getting married.
"No it's okay we are friends. Friends kiss friends right?" I asked with a chuckle. She looked at me with a goofy smile.
"Yes but not make out." She winked before kissing my cheek and leaving.
"Bright and early!" I yelled before the door closed.