Chapter 3

Clary's POV:
I was happy to find that I shared most of my classes with izzy. Throughout the whole day I found myself listen to every guy that spoke but no voice matched that of the person who had complimented me earlier. In the end I gave up and left it as an unsolved mystery, until it came to geography.

Izzy unfortunately wasn't in my class so after she showed me the way to class we said goodbye and I was left alone.

We were learning about Finland and I tried my hardest to pay attention but soon I was doodling on my book and thinking about what I'd have for dinner.

Suddenly I was snapped back into reality.

"Clary" The teacher said.

"Sorry?" I asked.

"What is the capital of Finland?" She asked.

"Ummm..." What is the capital of Finland?! I haven't got a clue!

Suddenly I heard a low voice whisper to my right.

"Helsinki"

"Helsinki?" I repeated.

"Correct" said the teacher as if she was disappointed I got it right.
(This is not a way of insulting Finland it's  just one of the few countries I actually know the capital of)
When the teacher continued teaching I looked to my right to find a very handsome boy with golden eyes and golden hair.

He noticed me looking and winked at me. I looked away quickly blushing and for the rest of the class payed great attention.

Jace's POV:
"Clary" the teacher said.

I followed her gaze to a familiar girl sitting next to me. She had red curly hair and bright emerald green eyes. I couldn't help but notice how beautiful she was. Not pretty but beautiful.

"Sorry?" She asked.

"What is the capital of Finland?" The teacher repeated.

"Ummmm..." Her confusion was visible in her body language. She bit her lip as if she was thinking hard and her eyes were fixed on the front cover of her book as if the answer would surface through the pages.

Why I noticed these things? Who knows. But one thing I did know was that she needed help and fast.

"Helsinki" I whispered

"Helsinki?" She repeated unsure.

"Correct" the teacher said bitterly.

I watched as she sunk down in her seat relieved. I quickly looked at the teacher when she turned her head towards me.

When she continued to stare at me I looked towards her and gave her my signature wink and she looked away quickly.

Does she like me? I thought to myself. Of course she does all girls love jace Wayland. But I had a feeling Clary wasn't like all girls. She was different.

(A/N: Here's a new update but I'm not sure how often I can update because I'm in a musical in school (high school musical if anyone's wondering😂) and we are rehearsing a lot but I'll try my best! Don't forget to vote and comment!!)