Chapter 33

Clary's POV:
It was finally homecoming and to say I was nervous was a complete understatement. I walked quickly around my room in a hurry grabbing things as I went. Izzy would be here at any moment and the more time we had to get ready the better.

I rushed into the bathroom and grabbed as many makeup products as I could, although I knew Izzy would have enough for every girl going.I liked to be prepared.

I stopped when I heard a ring echo through the empty house and after quickly throwing things in a bag ran downstairs to let Izzy in.

I through open the door and was surprised to see no one standing there I glanced around and cursed under my breath when there was no one there.

Stupid kids.

I ran back up the stairs frustrated at the 'ding dong ditch' only to reach my room and once again hear the ring of the doorbell.

My mother always told me If I wasn't going to be an artist, that I shouldn't be a teacher. I had zero patience for bratty kids.

By the time I reached the door I was livid. The mixture of stress and frustration didn't help my mood and so when I open the door I spoke before the other person even got a chance.

"Do you not have anything better to do with your time other than making my life a living- oh hey izzy" I said shocked that it was her and not some preteen boy.

"Well it's nice to see you too" she said cautiously stepping inside with an eyebrow raised.

"This was left on your porch" she said lifting the box in her hand slightly to show me.

"I didn't know you were an online shopping kind of gal" she said handing it to me.

"I'm not" I said looking as the box cautiously.

It was a black box with gold cursive writing on the top which read a name I had never heard off. What ever it was it looked expensive.

Izzy looked at me puzzled. I searched the box for a name or adldress but couldn't find one.

I left the Box on the table beside our front door and slowly lifted off the lid to find a note and some form of clothing covered in neatly folder tissue paper.

"What does it say?" Izzy asked looking over my shoulder to try read the message.

I'm sure you will look beautiful in this.

Now I was even more confused.

I slowly lifted the paper and looked at what was in the box.

The green dress.

"Oh my god" Izzy said mouth wide open as she voiced my thoughts.

"But who could have....." I trailed off my heart leaping in my chest for some unknown reason when the obvious culprit came to mind, but before I could speak out loud Izzy spoke up.

"DEAN!" She squelled "I was talking to him earlier and I told him about how gorgeous you looked in that dress!"

"That is literally one of the cutest things ever" she said practically vibrating with excitement.

"Come on" she said grabbing me by the wrist and pulling me out the door "let's go get you ready!".

I hardly had enough time to grab my stuff, and all previous assumptions were forgotten, because who else other than my boyfriend would do a thing like this?

Dean's POV:
I sat on the hard bed and looked bewildered between the two pieces of fabric infront of me.

Green or yellow?