Chapter 12

Clary's POV:
Izzy was really helpful and didn't ask once the reason I was upset which I was very grateful for.

We spent so long in the bathroom that we ended up being late for Math.

When we arrived at class we apologised to the teacher and made our way to our seats. As I walked through the classroom I noticed people whispering and pointing at the bandage on my head. I looked down towards my seat in fear as Jace usually sat beside me but was relieved to see Dean in his place.

I sat beside him with a quick "hi" and took out my books.

During the class I couldn't help but notice Dean Looking at me but every time I looked at him he quickly looked away.

It was a look I had seen before a look that Jace had shown.....nope we're not going back to that topic.

I had fooled myself as far as 8 was concerned Jace hadn't fooled me, even if for a while he had seemed sincere. I had fooled myself by allowing myself to think I had a chance with Jace. The Jace, school hottie Jace. But then when I think about it why would I want someone so....cold, although his eyes, those golden eyes say otherwise.

***********

After school Izzy led me to her car and we drove to her house. I was begining to feel better after what had happened.

Why was I so upset? I had only known Jace for about a week. I had never been the kind of person to jump when a guy said to. I never bothered myself with guy's even if I had dreamed and read about the perfect one.

I had always imagined my dream guy to be tall dark haired bright eyes maybe blue or green. The boy next door kind of guy who would spent time with me and with others just to make them happy. A nerdy guy who liked reading. Which to be honest is the exact opposite of Jace. Another reason why I need to get over myself

When we reached her house Izzy led me in and upstairs towards her room.

But on our way I met the person I wanted to say the least.

Jace.

At first he didn't notice me. His hair was darkened with water, and he seemed engrossed in his phone as he took a bite from a apple he held in his other hand. He glanced up and took a double take when he saw me mouth half open.

"Close your mouth or you'll catch flies" Izzy said rolling her eyes.

We locked eyes and for a split second there was a flash of guilt on his face but then the same hard expression as earlier came across his face.

"The flies surrounding you sis" he said taking a bite from his apple and walking past us without a secounds glance.

Izzy's POV:

"Close your mouth or you'll catch flies" I said to Jace grossed out by the visible chewed apple in his mouth. It was obvious he had feelings for Clary and bad. He found anything and everything leading to her and he never stopped talking about her. I don't think he realised it half the time.

Suddenly a cold expression crossed his face and I dare say it looked like disgust when he looked at Clary. I couldn't believe it, I looked at Clary and her face showed hurt. What was going on?

"The flies surrounding you sis" Jace said trying to sound light hearted but he sure was an idiot if he thought I wouldn't see right through his little act.

I led Clary to my room. As I closed the door I began to speak.

"I don't know what just happened but you better tell me or-"

Clary burst into tears.

I immediately ran over to comfort her. I wasn't going to get an answer anytime soon, especially when Clary was a blubbering mess.

I'm going to kill my brother.