Chapter 9

Clary's POV:
When I eventually pushed through the crowd the sight in front of me made me stop in my tracks.

Jace was on top of Sebastian delivering blow after blow to his face which I couldn't see. Blood was visible on Jace's fists but I doubted very much of it was his own.

The image of him as a lion came back to my thoughts but it was corupted.

Jace's actions were no longer graceful but purely fierce. There was fire in his eyes, one I had seen before but never raging as much as it was now.

Many of the other team members tried to stop jace but it was no use if anyone even got near him he would push them back with immense force.

"Jace!" I screamed but it was no use the chanting was too loud.

I had to do something before it was too late.

Jace's POV:
I hadn't been angry like this for a long time.

I couldn't stop myself.

I could hardly hear my own thoughts with the chanting.

Countless people tried to stop me but I pushed them back.

Sebastian still had that stupid grin on his face which I longed to to wipe off. No matter how many times I hit he wouldn't stop because he knew he had won, he had gotten to me.

I knew I should stop and not give him what he wanted but I needed to let out this rage I had bottled up for so long.

I continued to push people back until I pushed back something lighter that expected. What followed was a noise like bone on metal.

The room fell silent.

I was snapped out of my rage and I looked up slowly. I wish I hadn't.

There on the floor was clary her head rested against the bench that lined the wall.

A look of complete shock on her face.

Dean quickly ran over to check on her but her eyes never moved from mine.

Nothing but white noise filled my ears and a few people made there way towards the door but nothing else mattered in that instant but the fragile girl who was hurt, hurt by my hand.

I made my way towards her my arm outstretched, i hardly new what i was doing, but when I got within a short distance of her she flinched away from my touch. Fear flashed through her eyes. I drew back my hand.

"Clary?" I whispered pain evident on my face but she just shuffled father away from me.

"Don't" she said her voice shaking.

Suddenly I became aware of the others in the room. I couldn't stay there any longer. I couldn't let the team see me like this but most of all I couldn't see clary like this.
I put a hard expression on my face and turned away.

All eyes were on me. I made my way towards the door but was met by a very angry coach.

He looked around in shock. He looked from Sebastian to clary, to my fists and finally to my face.

His expression that of both shock and rage.

"Wayland in my office, NOW!" He roared.

I made my way to the door looking back only once to find clary's eyes still on me now filled with tears, her expressing was a mixture of fear and disappointment.

I couldn't stand to see her like this.

I turned away and left.

(A/N: Ooo Drama!! I hope you liked this chapter! I'm going to try add dean into the story more and maybe Sam? COMMENT your opinions and don't forget to VOTE!
Niamh x )