Chapter 19

It wasn't long before I had cleaned up and was sitting in Luke's office at the NYPD.

"So you don't remember anything?" Luke said wearily.

"Yeah" i said calmly. I had always been a good liar.

Suddenly an all too familiar looking man walked into the office. He had black hair, sharp eyes and a stubble off a beard.

When he saw me he stopped in his tracks.

"Ah well if it isn't Jace Lightwood the scum of the city" he said in a distinctive British accent.

"Victor" I said acknologing his presence.

"It's detective aldertree to you" he said walking to stand beside Luke.

"What did you do this time?" He said but I wasn't sure was he talking to me or Luke.

"Beat someone else senseless? Or..." he said leaning forward on the desk "did you finally get what you deserve?"

He stared straight at me with his hard eyes. I stared back at him but eventually looked away. He stood up straight with a smirk.

"So they di-" "I think that's quite enough Detective Aldertree" Luke said his voice making me jump slightly.

"I'll deal with my own case thank you" Luke said turning to glare at Victor.

Victor looked at Luke with an expression of pure distaste. He then walked away.

"You ok?" Luke asked turning to look at me after a moment.

"Yeah" I said relaxing my shoulders I didn't even know I was tensing.

"Ok what's your parents number  I need to call them"

I decided it was better to give him the number Mayrse and Robert were away anyway and this wasn't the first time this had happened.

He told them what happened.

They didn't care.

"So how about I take you to school?"

Wait when did I tell him that?

"You didn't I guessed" crap I said that out loud.

"Where do you go to school?" He asked standing up.

"Honestly no it's fine" I said standing up too.

"I'm a cop you have to let me" he said smiling "Where do you go to school?"

I signed "St Brendan's" I muttered.

"No kidding that's where my daughter go's, senior?"

"Yeah" I said. I said that alot.

We walked down a corridor towards the main doors.

"Her name's Clary do you know her?"

Crap

"Ugh yeah I've seen her around" I said rubbing the back of my neck.

We walked out into the busy parking lot and he led me over to a pretty expensive looking Chevy.

The journey was mainly silent until Luke spoke up.

"Do you need anything for school? Books?"

"No the ones I need are in school" I mumbled.

Silence.

"So ugh you know Clary?"

Crap.

"Kinda....I mean not really she's in a few of my classes like Art and stuff..." I mumbled awkwardly.

"Clary is pretty good at art" he said with a questioning tone.

"Yeah she's pretty amazing" I said not thinking about what I was saying. My mind too focussed on Clary. By the angel what did I do? But who am I kidding myself a she probably only saw me as a friend.

Luke glanced at me raising an eyebrow with a smirk. That woke me up pretty quick

"At art of course" I said quickly.

"Of course" he said and I knew he was unconvinced.

Soon the school came into view and I was never happier to see it.

Luke pulled up and I turned to look at him.

"Hey Thanks for the ride."

"No problem" he smiled but it soon changed to a frown.

"Look Jace if your doing something  getting you or others hurt you need to tell me" he said glancing at me.

I stayed silent.

He sighed, took out a piece of paper and scribbled something on it quickly.

"Call me if you need anything" he said handing me the piece of paper with a sad smile.

"Sure" I said returning a fake one.

I hopped out of the car and said a quick "thanks" before closing the door.

Sorry this chapter was pretty crap but I promise the next chapter will be a lot better.
Sorry too for doing a lot in Jaces POV but I wanted the time frames to correspond.
Also THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 4K!!!I honestly didn't think I'd get past 100

Don't forget to LIKE and COMMENT!!

Niamh x