Chapter 28

Jace's Pov:
I rushed in the door of the hospital, Clary dangling lifeless in my arms. I ignored the odd looks I got from the people in the waiting room as I rushed towards the desk. I hadn't got a chance to look in the mirror but I'm pretty sure I didn't look the best.

"Please help" I said.

"Oh my Lord!" The woman at the desk said and she called to some nurses passing by.

For the first time I took time look at Clary.

She was as pale as a ghost and there was still blood coming from her head at an alarming rate. My hands and clothes were covered in blood but I didn't care.

Suddenly I felt her being lifted from my arms and I instinctivly pulled her back.

"Sir we need to get her to theatre immediately" said a male voice. Against my will I let go and watched as Clary was placed on a stretcher and zoomed away.

I felt as if i no longer had control of my body as I walked quickly after Clary. Suddenly I felt two small hands stopping me. I reluctantly looked away from Clary to see a small woman in front of me trying to hold me back.

"Sir you can't go in there" she said firmly.

I stopped trying to pass her and turned away from the now closed door.

"How about we get you cleaned up" the woman said placing a comforting hand on my back.

●●●

I sat on the hospital bed thinking over the situation. I wish I could say the only thing on my mind was Clary's health, I really do but I couldn't stop thinking about the guy who hurt her. And believe me the thoughts I was having weren't good in his favour.

I had just called Luke. He said he was on his way. I had never heard a grown man so sad but stern at the same time. And I dreaded the moment he arrived.

My finger hovered over the call button. It's the right thing to do Jace.

"Yeah hey Dean-ya man there's been an accident"

Dean's POV:
I speed into the parking lot in my baby. I probably looked crazy. I quickly turned the car off, ripped the keys out of the ignition and jumped out of the impala hardly waiting to make sure the door was closed after I slammed it shut.

I sprinted to the front desk getting many stares from the nurses and patients that littered the halls.

"Clarrisa Fray" I all but shouted at the woman at reception.

"Are you any relation to Ms Fray" she said sternly not appearing to be pleased with my abrupt tone.

"I'm her boyfriend" I said proudly.

"I'm pretty sure he carried her in here" she said looking away from me at some files.

It was time to take out the years of acting I had learned. I'm pretty sure I told more lies than the truth.

"Please..." I said in a low voice looking as upset as I could. Don't get me wrong I was upset about Clary but I don't tend to show these emotions often.

"I never got to say I loved her and I'm afraid It'll be too late" I looked away pretending to hide tears.

"Room 208...but-"

I was already gone.

Corridor after corridor I sprinted down. I was passing a corridor and saw a sudden flash of Golden hair and stoped.