Chapter 18

Everyone go check out Jadelle by the AMAZING ClareAline I FREAKING LOVE IT
Also this chapter is dedicated to ClareAline just to say thank you💕
Jace's POV:
Sebastian walked onto the platform raising his hands as an indication for the crowd to scream louder and they obeyed.

Only as he stood on the platform did he look at me. His eyes locked on mine and he refused to remove them. When the announcer spoke again I broke the stare.

"You guys know the rules, or should I say rule. NO KILLING!"

Well that was a relief.

It felt like no time before the bell had rang and the fight began. If possible Sebastian's Eyes got darker.

I lunged at Sebastian. But as soon as he was there he was gone at in humane speed. I caught myself before I face-planted onto the wooden platform.

When I regained my balance I turned around to find Sebastion behind me.

How was that even possible?

I jumped forward and landed an uppercut to his chin. Sebastian's head snapped back. He then brought his head back with a sickening crack and smirked at me with his evil eyes.

That wasn't possible. He should have been out cold.

The crowd didn't seem to care about the impossibility of what was I front of them.

"What's wrong jace?" He said taking a step towards me "first time you've ever fought a man?"

Sebastian jumped forward fist at the ready.

I dodged the blow. Thank you hodge for your dodge training in kickboxing lessons.

Suddenly he spun around bringing his leg out from his body and connecting with the back of my ankles.

I hit the ground hard, my head connecting with the wooden floor.

The crowd roared.

Sebastian began landing blow after blow to my face and with every punch I thought about Clary.

It hurt but I welcomed the pain.

The room seemed as if it was spinning. I found it nearly impossible to focus on one voice until Sebastian began to speak.

He towered over me looking down with a satisfied grin. I could have sworn I saw a black smoke like substance swirling around him and the room but then again, I had a concusion.

His voice was low and raspy.

"Aww poor human thinks he can beat me? Think again" and before I could give it a second thought he kicked me into the side of the head and everything went black.

I awoke to sunlight spilling over me. I quickly shielded my eyes and became aware of my surroundings. I groaned I was in a rubbish skip and using my exceeding intelligence I guessed that the guy looking down at me with uniform was a cop.

"Jesus kid are you ok?" He said looking down at me. His dark hair wild and his face displayed genuine concern.

"I'm fine"I said more harshly than I ment.

"Yeah and that explains why your in a trash skip" he said raising an eyebrow at me.

I quickly stood up and attempted to hop out but winced when I felt the pain in my head. I looked around and found I was in the ally at the entrance to the club.

"Here let me help you" he said offering his hand. I studied him his body was firm, military. But his eyes were soft.

I took his hand.

He helped me out and I was surprised by his strength.

"Thanks" I muttered.

"Your welcome" he said with a smile "What's your name?"

I hesitated.

He noticed my hesitation and put out his hand.

"My name's detective Garroway but you can call me Luke"

"Jace" I said taking his hand.

"Well" I said letting go of his hand "I better get going"

I turned and began walking away but he grabbed my arm.

"Although I would love ignore the fact that you look like you got in a fight with rocky, I'm afraid I can't. So I'm gonna have to bring you to the station"

Thank you guys for reading hope you liked the chapter and my introduction of Luke (especially ClareAline!!!) I 'll post the next chapter in the next few days. Also if anyone has any questions about the story or just wants to chat an irish gal COMMENT below or DM me

Niamh x