Chapter 16

Dean's POV:
As we drove home from school that day in the comfort and familiarity of the impala I couldn't help but notice sammy smirking to himself and every so often glancing in my direction. It irritated me.

"Alright that's it!" I said my annoyance getting the better of me "what's your problem?"

"Nothing" he said his grin getting bigger with the simple word.

"Sammy I swear if you don't-" I said fiercely but was cut off "ok, ok" he said holding his hands up in surrender.

He studied me for a second and then said "you like Clary".

"Ha ha funny sammy" I said keeping my eyes on the road straight ahead.

"Your lying" he said "no I'm not" I laughed.

"Then why can't you look me in the eye?" He said tilting his head to the side with a smirk. God I've thought him too much.

"Because I'm driving and I care about our safety"

"Yeah right" sam scoffed. "You like her and you-" This time it was my turn to cut him off.

"Sam I don't like her ok? Just leave it!" I said raising my voice at the end.

But even after dismissing Sammy's thoughts I found it hard to dismiss mine. Clary clouded my vision. Her fiery red curly hair and bright emerald eyes stayed just at the back of my eyes resurfacing every time I blinked.

I had never felt this way before. I was confused and slightly scared. Ever since my mother I haven't been able to get close to someone. But Clary... I don't know she was just......... Different.

"Dean?" I was snapped out of thoughts by Sammy's worried voice.

"Yeah?" I said worried myself with Sammy's current state. I only noticed now how run down he looked. His small figure looking smaller than usual and his eyes showing complete worry and...fear?

He opened his mouth as if to say something but I could see a sudden change behind is eyes like he decided against it.

"Ummm it's just..." He searched for something to say.

"Do you think dad's ok? He said looking at me sideways. When I saw the look in his eyes I forgot immediately my doubts on what he truly wanted to say.

Dad had gone on a hunting trip 2 weeks ago and still hadn't returned. It was the longest time he'd been away and not contacted us in some way. It was a series of suicides in a town nearby. Probably demons.

"Don't worry Sammy he'll be home soon. He always is" I said not sure who I was reassuring more, him or me.

We arrived back at the motel and I went straight to bed....well not before eating first. School was tiring.

Clary's POV
When I got back to Izzy's room I found her awake and waiting for me.

"There you are!" She said. "Where were you?"

"I just went to get a glass of water" I said truthfully.

"Have you been crying?" She said standing up to examine my face.

"Yeah" I said too tired to try come up with a lie.

"What happened?" She said genuine worry in her voice.

"I was talking to Jace..." I said in a whisper.

"I'm going to kill him" she said walking towards the door.

"No Izzy he apologised" I said making her relax.

"Oh...can you forgive him" she questioned.

"I don't know" I said honestly.

"Well get some rest it'll help...goodnight" she said turning of the light.

"Goodnight" I said and instantly fell into a piece full sleep.

So what's going on with Sam?

Will Dean steal Clary from Jace?

I'll be able to update more after Thursday because I finish school for the summer (WOOOOHOOOO!!!) also give me your opinions on what should happen next I'dove to read them. Don't forget to LIKE and COMMENT

Niamh x