Chapter 34

Dean's POV:

I turned the key to turn off and silence the car and let my head flop back on the seat shutting my eyes.

I was never as nervous as I was at this minute and I had a feeling it was about to get worse. Send me into a vamp nest great, give me a vengeful spirit, no problem, but prom was the toughest monster I have yet to face and I was going to have to face it sooner than I wished.

I opened the car door and stepped into the cold night air. The lightwoods house was huge and it's intimidating size didn't help my nerves one bit. I slammed the door shut with its familiar squeak and locked the door. This might be a good neighbourhood but I wasn't taking any chances.

No one touches my baby.

I walk up to the door and it takes everything in me not to run in the opposite direction but I think of Clary just beyond the door and that's enough to keep me rooted to the spot.

I ring the door bell and hold my breath waiting for it to open, and when it does I let out a sigh of relief.

"Hey man" Jace says standing aside to let me in.

I step inside and look around fixing the tie around my neck I know I was gonna have to get used to these for hunting. Soon enough I won't be too young to be a fed but these things were just damn uncomfortable.

Jace looked out the door. "You didn't see Megan out there did you?" He asked fear in his eyes.

"I don't think so" I replied burrowing my eyebrows. I hadn't realised he cared for her so much.

"Thank the lord" he said slamming the door and jumping to to the couch "with luck she forgot about prom"

"Is Clary here?" I asked slight nerves laced through my voice just thinking about speaking to her.

"Yeah I think she's up stairs"

Suddenly the doorbell rang and a high pitched Jacey could be heard from the other side of the door. Jace sighed before standing up and walking towards the door.

"Speak of the devil and she shall appear" he said in a sing song voice and opening the door as Izzy walked down the stairs.

"Is Simon here?" She asked just as Megan practically mauled Jace.

"Wow your strong for your size" Jace said clutching his stomache as he stood back and Megan proceeded to jump on the spot and look at Jace excitedly.

"Yeah people say that" she said beaming at him and I found her smile resembled that of Harley Quinn.

"Um..." I said turning to fix my attention on Izzy finding it hard to remove my gaze on the unusual exchange before me. "No he's not here yet"

"Nah I am" said a voice from behind me as Simon came in from the kitchen but he stopped mouth falling open at the sight of Isabelle.

"Izzy you look beautiful" he said not an ounce of doubt to be found in his voice. A smile graced izzy's lips and I had to look twice to make sure I wasn't seeing things when I saw her blushing.

"You don't look to bad yourself" she said looking at him timidly. I never thought I would ever see Izzy nervous.

But my attention soon changed as soon as Clary walked down the stairs.

She smiled at Jace as she walked by him eyes looking straight into his and he looking longingly at her much to my annoyance but I couldn't help but see I slight connection between the pair. Something I had noticed before but chose to ignore.

Her eyes soon found mine and all previous anger was forgotten as she made her way over to me. She wore a green dress possibly the green dress I vaguely remember Izzy telling me about and in this moment I couldn't agree with Izzy more this dress was beautiful. Clary was beautiful. I was one lucky guy.

Clary looked up at me through her long dark lashes which was slightly foreign to me as hers were usually invisible.

"Hey" she said I could see her nervousness in the way she moved her hand to fix a fallen strand of hair. But by instinct I reached out and did it for her feeling jace's eyes boring into the side of my head.

"Hey" I smile leaning forward to place a light kiss on her forehead making a smile creep it's way onto her lips.

Suddenly Alec bounded down the stairs fixing his tie.

"Ok love birds time to go the limo's here" he said making his way out the door.

"The limo?" I asked mouth open in disbelief.

"Yes short for limousine" Izzy said sarcastically waking out the door with Simon at her heals

I was hoping to bring my car but who was I to give up a once in a lifetime opportunity

Shall we I said holding out my arm for her to take in a mock British accent.

"We shall" Clary played along and we walked out into the cold air of the night Jace and Megan following behind.

In that moment I thought nothing could spoil my mood that night but things can't go right, not when it comes to my life.

Jace's POV:

My breath caught in my throat when Clary's eyes met with mine. She looked stunning and her eyes....God those eyes.

The dress was beautiful hugging her perfect body. Well perfect in my eyes anyways. But her physical beauty couldn't define Clary. She was beautiful in every single way.

My mouth fell open and In that moment all I wanted to do was pull her into my arms and kiss her. If I wasn't mistaken Clary's expression mirrored mine for a split second, only a second and then it was gone.

But then she was gone as she walked over to Dean. Of course Dean, her boyfriend of course. How could I forget. Her heart was someone else's.

And anyways to love is to destroy.

So I've started editing this story because god it's so cringy at the start like how was 300 words every ok for a chapter?