Chapter 25

Alec's POV:

The elevator doors opened out into a large room surrounded by Windows overlooking New York. There was a blue aura to the room and there was one table by the windows illuminated by a candle and already set for two. I wondered how he could have afforded it.

I looked at Magnus to find him smiling at me.

"How did you....."

"It belongs to my uncle he's pretty well off...What do you think?" He asked his eyes still on me.

"It's......incredible" struggling to describe how I felt.

In that moment I couldn't believe how lucky I was to be in this position.

Magnus took my hand and led me towards the table causing my cheeks to turn crimson because let's face it how could anyone be in Magnus' company, have him treat you that way and not blush.

He let go of my hand when we reached the table and he pulled out my chair.

"It's ok you don't have to do th-" "I insist" he said with a smirk motioning for me to to sit so I did.

After him taking his seat I looked out at the city and its beauty. I could see familiar streets of the city I grew up in and the faint lights of cars below.

"It's beautiful" I said breathlessly taking it all in.

"I know" Magnus said but when I turned back to look at him his eyes were on me.

Magnus informed me that he had specially choses the food. But I failed to stifle a laugh when a waiter brought out two pizzas and a bottle of champagne and Magnus had a stupid grin plastered across his face.

"So Magnus you moved here where did you move from" I said before taking another bite of pizza.

Magnus face suddenly went hard and his eyes glazed over.

"Oh I'm sorry....you don't have to.." I hardly got out the words.

"No no it's ok It's just..." He looked out the window his eyes searching as if replaying memories in his head and by the look of his face not good ones.

"I was bullied in my old school. It was small, remote. So when people found out I was gay.....lets just say I went home every day with one too many bruises"

"And then my dad..." His voice broke. This was a side I had never seen to Magnus. Usually confident and collected he now sat before me sad and broken.

"It's ok you don't have to tell me anymore" I said unaware until Magnus cleared his throat that I had taken his hand on the table.

"I need to Alec" he took a deep breath.

"My father was the town preacher when word got out that I was gay.... to say he wasn't happy was an understatement. Not only hurt me but also my mother. She eventually reported him but the town protected him and refused to believe he would do such a thing. The main reason was because I was gay and this was there way of getting rid of me. So we left and moved here to New York to live with my mom's family."

I couldn't believe my ears. Sure, I've had my fair share of bullying but never as bad as Magnus. The thought that Magnus whom i thought was unbreakable had some cracks and it made me love him even more.

But I also felt sad. Sad that he had been hurt so badly physically and mentally and there was nothing I could have done about it.

"And I thought my life was hard" I said trying to lighten the mood.

Magnus gave me a small smile and continued to eat as did I. We talked and ate for the rest of the evening enjoying each other's company.

I checked my phone when I had finished my food to find it was 10pm already and also 4 missed calls from jace which I ignored.

"It's really late I need to go.."(I say shoving breadsticks in my purse) I said standing from the table.

"Oh sure I'll drive you"

• • •

When we pulled up outside my house Magnus walked me to the door.

"Thanks Magnus for tonight" I said avoiding his eyes.

"No problem" he said with a smirk causing me to turn red. By the angel would I ever not react to him smirking.

Suddenly Magnus began to lean. In my breath caught in my throat. Was he going to kiss me? He looked down at my lips and then we locked eyes.

He leaned closer and closer....

Then he hugged me. I felt disapointed maybe he didn't feel the same way.

"I would kiss you but we have an audience" he whispered in my ear making me stiffen.

I turned around but found no one there but I don't think curtains naturally move. Oh I was gonna kill them when I got inside. When I turned around Magnus was already at his car.

"See you at school" he shouted and then drove away into the night.

Please go check out my new story "I know you" you guys  asked for it so clace it is. I'm really excited about the plot of the new story so I'd love if you guys could tell me your opinions

Don't forget to LIKE and COMMENT!!

Niamh x