Chapter 13

(I do not own any of the TMI or supernatural characters)
Clary's POV:
I thought I'd be able to face Jace but the cold hard truth was I couldn't. Just seeing him was enough to have me in tears hence the fact that I was crying onto Izzy's shoulder.

After about 10 minutes I pulled myself together and I was relieved at how comforting izzy was towards me. I explained what had happened with Jace and let's just say the language used was quite colourful.

"If it makes you feel better the next time I see Jace he has something coming for him" Izzy said after calming down.

I laughed while rubbing the tears from my eyes "thanks izzy"

"Don't mention it" she replied with her signature smile.

"Soooo what's going on between you and Dean?" Izzy said with a grin catching me off guard.

"D-Dean...who? I don't know any dean? Who's he?" I replied flustered.

"Clary come on, don't lie to me. Of course you know Dean Winchester. The new guy? He was totally checking you out in Math today"

"No he wasn't!" I said quickly.

"So you do know who he is!" Izzy said quite satisfied.

I sigh "yeah"

"OMG you guys would be perfect for each other....." Izzy gasped suddenly "maybe he'll ask you to prom!!" She squealed.

"I doubt that" I muttered.

"Or maybe I could set you up sooner..." She trailed off an evil gleam in her eyes. Although I hadn't known izzy long I knew that this meant nothing good.

"Izzy...." I said cautiously.

"What? I haven't done anything....yet" and with that she turned off the light and after saying goodnight went to sleep.

I sighed and decided to get some rest.

When I woke again it was 5am and after my many attempts to go back to sleep I finally gave up.

I decided to go get a glass of water. I walked cautiously to the stairs and was surprised to see a light on in the kitchen. I walked slowly downstairs and when I was half way down stopped suddenly.

In the kitchen stood Jace. Both hands on either side of the sink leaning on it for support. His hair was messy, his eyes bloodshot and he had dark pits of circles under his eyes.

My heart retched at the sight before me and I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. But I couldn't face him....not yet.

I tried to make my way back up the steps but one of the floor boards squeaked below me.

Jace turned suddenly, confusion turning to pain clearly evident on his face.

I thought of going back to the room but then I remember I came for a glass of water. I was getting my water.

I walked down the stairs ignoring Jace's gaze on me.

When I reached the sink I finally looked at him.

God he looked worse up close.

"Are you going to just stand there or are you going to move so I can get a glass of water." I said trying to mask my feels.

"Sorry" he muttered stepping to the side.

I turned my attention to the sink glad to look at something else rather than his eyes.

I filled the glass of water and turned to walk back to Izzy's room to find a strong grip was holding me back.

"Clary" he whispered.

"What?" I said fiercely. But regretted it immediately when he flinched.

"I'm sorry" he said and with that I turned and quickly ran back upstairs afraid to look at his face.

(A/N: sorry it took so long to update! I'll try write the next chapter soon so I don't forget to😬. Please VOTE and COMMENT opinions below)