Chapter 24

Alec's POV:

I waited nervously, checking my phone every 30 seconds for no reason it was only 7.40 and Magnus wasn't due to pick me up until 8.

"I don't think staring at your lock screen is going to make him arrive any quicker big brother" said the unmistakable voice of Izzy to my left. When I looked up she was learning against the kitchen island smirking at me.

Izzy was the only one I had told about my date due to the fact she was the only one I had came out to.

"I know" I said leaving my phone onto the coffee table in front of me "but it helps".

I had never been on a date before Jace had tried setting me up with nearly every female member of the cheer squad. I turned them down due to obvious reasons.

"So, how did you guys meet?" Izzy asked.

I explained how Clary had introduced us and Izzy face lit up.

"So do you know where your going on this date?"

"Did I just here date?" Said an all too familiar voice behind me.

I turned to find Jace leaning against the door frame with his arms folded and a grin plastered across his face.

"So who's the lucky girl?" He asked.

Shit.

Suddenly the doorbell rang. No not now!!

Jace reached the door before I could. When he opened the door there stood Magnus. His dark spiked hair was jelled back slightly and his blue glitter had been replaced by red. He seemed to be wearing an ordinary black suit but on further inspection it seem to have intriqet designs covering it which became visible when it shone in the light. He also wore a red shit underneath.

On any other occasion the look of confusion on Jaces face would have been amusing to me but not now not in this situation.

"Hello is Alexander here?" He asked looking confused himself but his  expression changed when his eyes landed on me.

He then looked between me and Jace, his eyes widening. When I realise what he was thinking I shook my head vigorously.

"Who are you?" Jace asked eventually managing to get the word out.

"I'm Magnus Bane" Magnus said in his calm tone.

Isabelle came forward to great him. "Hi I'm Isabelle" she said quickly hugging him.

"Am I missing something?" Jace asked crossing his arms "why are you here?" He asked turning his attention to me.

This is not how I wanted to come out to Jace.

"Umm well......"

Suddenly Magnus spoke up.

"Alexander is accompanying me to dinner and if you wouldn't mind we better get going our reservatiins are for 8.15 and i'd hate to be late."

Jace squinted at Magnus in confusion. I quickly made my way towards the door. Jaces eyes widened in realisation but I didn't give him a chance to speak because I all but pushed Magnus out the door and closed it quickly behind. I could only imagine the dark crimson colour my face was.

• • •

We pulled up outside a very fancy looking restaurant. A sign above the door read in blue cursive writing "Les Fleurs Bleu". I was used to going to fancy restaurants due to my parent's high up jobs in marketing but the elegance of the building in front of me had me in awe.

I hadn't realised how long I was sitting there until my door opened. There stood Magnus his arm outstretched.

"Are you coming?" He asked.

"Um...ya Sorry" I said casting my eyes towards the ground as I stepped out of the car

"No need to be" Magnus replied with a small smile leading me into the restaurant.

When we entered the building there was a small entrance and an elevator. A well dressed woman stood at a desk to the write.

"Hello Mr Bane your table is waiting on level 27" she said with a smile looking at me and then Magnus.

"Thank you Andrea" Magnus said walking towards the elevator. I paused for a minute but soon followed him inside and that's when the anxiety kicked in.

I began breathing heavily as the doors closed. I looked at the digital screen and held on to the bar. The truth is I'm highly claustrophobic.

Magnus looked at me strangely but soon realised what was happening.

Then without a word he placed his hand on mine. My breath caught in my throat. I looked at our hands quickly and then at Magnus. He looked ahead of himself a small smirk on his face.

But the weird thing was I didn't find it that hard to breath anymore.

I will be posting my new story soon so I'd love if you guys would check it out and sorry for the late update!!

There will be a part 2 to this chapter so don't worry more Malec on the way!

Please LIKE and COMMENT!!

Niamh x