Chapter 8

Jace's POV:
The reason I was needed was a stupid speech from the coach about dedication and complete focus on the game next Friday. It was our last game of the season and to be honest it wasn't very important but to the coach it was. (A/N: As I'm from Ireland i don't really know much about lacrosse and my knowledge comes from teen wolf so if I make mistakes tell me)

The coach went on and on and eventually my mind began to drift to the same thing it has since the first day of school.

Clary.

Even just her name took my breathe away. But I knew what she thought of me. She thought I was a player, an arrogant selfish teenage boy who doesn't care about anyone else but himself and the truth was I sometimes thought that too.

All I could think about was running my hands through her soft red curl looking into her green eyes that shone constantly, running my hands over her bo-

I felt a stab of pain into my right side.

"Owch" I said glaring at the person sitting next to me who happened to be dean.

He jerked his head in the direction of the coach. I looked up to see him glaring down at me with eyes like daggers.

"Exactly what I was talking about!" He roared throwing his hands in the air
"Get your head in the game Wayland your teams depending on it!" (A/N: You see what I did there (¬¬) )

He let out a sigh "that's all for today I'll see you bright and early tomorrow morning" he left the changing rooms.

I made my way towards the door but suddenly heard a voice behind me.

"...he's probably thinking about that little red headed whore"

I stopped in my tracks, anger building up inside me like a fire suddenly receiving fuel.

When I turned around to see who spoke, I came face to face with Sebastian Verlac my least favourite person ever (partially because he's Megan's brother but mainly because he's a dick).

"Anything you want to say to me you should say to my face, Verlac" I said through gritted teeth with my hands balled into fists.

"Oh so you agree shes a whore then?" He said with an evil grin.

"Don't you dare speak of her like that" I whispered trying to calm myself. Remember what your father thought you Jace. Breath in count to 7 and out for 5.

"Oh? And what if I do?" He said with evil eyes. I never thought I could ever say anyone was truly evil but in this moment Sebastian took the cake.

The other team members started chanting fight, fight, fight....

And then I snapped.

Clary's POV:
I ran into the building and found a bunch of guys crowded around but I couldn't see what the were looking at.

"Don't you dare speak of her like that" The unmistakable voice of Jace roared.

Who was he talking about? And more importantly why?

"Oh? And what if I do?" said the very distinctive voice of Sebastian Verlac.

A chant filled the room fight, fight, fight.....

Suddenly the chant stopped and every voice began shouting themselves rather than in unison.

I had to see what was going on. I pushed through the crowd.

(A/N: haha cliff hanger... Ok I'm sorry but I'll update tomorrow! Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT you know the drill.
Niamh x)