Twelve: Quirks and Rescue

"Gather around Classic 1A!" Iida calls over the class. "Using your student numbers form two neat lines so we can load the bus efficiently!" He was making weird hand gestures as he talked.
"Iida's kicking it into high gear as our class rep, huh?" Midoriya says. "Yeah..." Uraraka nods her head. I gotta agree. Ever since he's been given the role of class rep, he's taken it super seriously, but despite his hard work on a seating strategy, the open layout of the bus ruined his plan.
"This bus's open layout ruined my boarding strategy." Iida holds his head in his hand as he groans. "Iida you really need to chill," Mida says, sitting next to him. I sit next to Tsu and Eijirou sits next to me.
'I can't stop thinking about what the class said about what had happened... I wonder what he thinks about it.'

I glance over to see Hakai reading a book with Baka-gou glancing over her shoulder every so often. I giggle at this causing a few people's heads to turn. "What's funny?" Midoriya asks.
"Hmm? Oh, I just thought it was funny seeing Baka-gou try to be sly." I say. Bakugou groans and turns to the window.

"If we're pointing out the obvious then there's something I want to say. About you actually." She says, looking to Midoriya. "About me? What is it Asui?" He asked nervously. "I told you to call me Tsu." She says bluntly. It must get annoying to remind people of your name like that.

"Oh yeah, right," Midoriya says sheepishly.
"That power of yours, isn't it a lot like All Might's?" She asks. "What?! Really?! You think so, huh! I never really thought about that! I guess it is kind of similar." He says, completely flustered. "Wait, hold on, Tsu. You're forgetting All Might doesn't hurt himself. That makes a huge difference." Eijirou adds. "Still, I bet it's cool to have a simple augmenting type of quirk. You can do a lot of flashy stuff with it. My hardening's super strong and can destroy bad guys in a fight, but it doesn't look all that impressive." He says, hardening most of his arm. "Oh, no way I think its really awesome looking! You're definitely pro material with a quirk like that." Midoriya argues.
"Right, you're quirk is cool looking and powerful!" I add with a smile.
"You really think so? Seems like it'd be easier to be a popular hero if I had something flashier." He responds to me with slightly red cheeks.

'Is he...blushing?'

"My naval laser has the perfect combination of panache and strength," Aoyama says proudly. "But it's way lame if it gives you a stomach ache, sweetie," Mina says, placing a hand on his shoulder. I stifle a laugh at Mina's comment.
"Well if any of our classmates have pro quirks, it's Todoroki and Bakugou," Eijirou says pointing to the two. I notice Bakugou glance over to us and huff before looking back out the window. It seemed like Todoroki didn't even notice he was complimented.

"Sure, but Bakugou is always angry so he'll never be that popular," Tsu says bluntly.
'Uh oh..' That's gonna make him mad.
"What did you say?! I'll kick your ass!!" He yells jumping out of his seat. Hakai looked very uncomfortable as she had Bakugou leaning over her while she was trying to read.
"See," Tsu says, pointing back to Bakugou. I cover my mouth and try to hold back my laugh.
"You know we basically just met you. So it's kind of telling that we all know your personality is flaming crap mixed with garbage." Kaminari says with a shrug. I couldn't contain my laughter and accidentally let out a snort.
"You're gonna regret the day you applied to this school, you loser! I'll kill you!" Bakugou shouts leaning even further over Hakai.

"Enough! Classmates are supposed to encourage each other." Tenya says. "Then I'll just encourage this dumbass till he explodes!" Bakugou argues. "Wait, what did you say? Grammar dude..." Kaminari rolls his eyes at Bakugou's comeback. "Shut up, smartass!"

"That's enough! You both need to apologize." Hakai yells, pushing Bakugou back into his seat. "Only if he does first," Kaminari says. "Like hell, I will!" Bakugou crosses his arms. "Hey, hey, we're here! Stop messing around." Aizawa shouts over the arguments. "Yes, sir. Stop "

"Whatever!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello everyone! I've been waiting for you." The pro hero Thirteen greets.
'Oh my god! It's Thirteen!' I had been a pretty big fan of his for a while now so it was pretty surprising seeing him in person.
With no time to spare, Thirteen quickly ushers us into the large dome behind him. As soon as we all got inside, everyone was in complete awe.
"Holy crap! It looks like some kind of amusement park!" Eijirou says. "I created this training facility to prepare to deal with every type of disaster. I call it: The Unforeseen Simulation Joint, but you can call it U.S.J. !"

'Just like Universal Studios Japan.'

"Hey, shouldn't All Might be here already. Let me guess he booked an interview instead." Aizawa says, placing his hands in his pockets. Thirteen whispers to a level none of us could hear and holds up three fingers. 'Hope everything is okay.'
"Clocks ticking. We should get started." Aizawa says.
"Excellent! Before we begin let me just say one thing. Well, maybe two things... possibly three...four or five-"
"We get it." The class, including Aizawa, says bluntly.
"Listen carefully, I'm sure you're aware that I have a powerful quirk. Its called Black Hole. I can use it to suck up anything and turn it into dust."
"Yeah, you've used Black Hole to save people from all kinds of disasters before, haven't you?" Izuku says while Uraraka nods her head very quickly over and over. "That's true, but my quirk could also very easily be used to kill. Some of you also have powers that can be dangerous. In our superhuman society, all quirks are certified and strictly regulated. So we often overlook how unsafe they can actually be. Please don't forget that if you lose focus or make the wrong move, your powers can be deadly even if you're trying to do something virtuous like rescue someone." Thirteen explains. "Thanks to Aizawa's fitness tests, you have a solid idea of your quirk's potential. And because of All Might's combat training, you likely experienced how dangerous your powers can be when used against other people." 'Yeah, and some of those lessons were pointless.'
"Carry those lessons over to this class. Today, you're going to learn how to use your quirks to save people's lives. You won't be using your powers to attack enemies or each other, only to help. After all, that's what being a hero is all about: ensuring the safety of others. That's all I have to say. Thank you so much for listening." Thirteen concludes his speech with a bow.

"Right, now that that's over-" Aizawa stops speaking when the lights of the dome begin to flicker. The fountain in the center of the dome started to sputter before a dark void began to spiral inside of it.
'What's going on...?'
I hand suddenly pushed its way out of the spiral followed by a skinny man covered in decapitated hands.
"Stay together and don't move!" Aizawa orders. "Thirteen, protect the students."
Aizawa stands in front of us protectively with a stern look.
"Woah, what is that thing?" Eijirou asks.
Many people were walking out of the portal now, and it frightened me.
"Wait, has the training started already? I thought we were rescuing people." Eijirou questions stepping forward hesitantly. "Stay back!" Aizawa shouts, causing us all to jump at his call. He slips on his goggles and gets into a readied stance. "This is real! Those are villains." He warns.

'What..?! Actual villains are here..?'

This exercise has gone very wrong...