Thirty-four: Hero Names!

The next day was...interesting, to say the least. There was a new girl who showed up today who apparently hated the uniform jacket because she didn't wear it and wore a leather one instead.

Bakugou claimed he wasn't coming to class, but he decided to show up anyway...twenty minutes late. The funny part is, when he DID show up, he basically attacked Hakai with what looked to be a very aggressive kiss. Everyone around us began cheering and filming. I myself took a few pictures for blackmail later. 

"How the hell is she so frozen?" I ask with a laugh. Bakugou pulls away and sits down, leaving Hakai standing in front of the class until Aizawa came in and embarrassed her more. She sat down and stared at her desk. I could swear that I heard Bakugou mutter a 'Payback is a bitch.' to her.

After the class had calmed down, Aizawa had the new girl introduce herself. She went by Usagi Yukimura and had a quirk called Night and Day. She was a quiet girl. I would've introduced myself to her, but she kept sending me harsh glances, so I'll just wait until that stops before I try to befriend her. When the rest of the class started asking questions, she mentioned coming from a school for academically gifted people and she was only at U.A. to better the control of her quirk. Bakugou thought it would be a good idea to pick on her height. 'Well, he just dug his grave..' When he got angry with a snarky response from Usagi, he stood to fight her but Hakai pulled him back down into his chair.

"Ooh! She got you, bro!" Eijirou laughs. "The name's Eijirou Kirishima," He introduces himself. "And this is MY girlfriend, Taya Hanzo." He points at me and my eyes widen and my face flushes at his loud announcement. After everyone else introduces themselves, Aizawa calmed them down before beginning his announcement. 

"Today's Hero Informatics period will be a little special," he states with a pause. A few people groan, anticipating another physical exam. "It's time to choose your hero names." With those words, everyone around us sighs and some cheer in relief.  Aizawa then showed us the tally of nominations for heros who showed interest in us. I had gotten a solid ten. It's not a whole lot, not nearly as many as Bakugou or Todoroki, but I'm glad I had gotten some. After going over what it meant, it was finally time for our hero names!

Midnight walked into the room with a nice smile. "The names you pick now will shape how the world perceives you as a hero," she says earning a nod from Aizawa.

"Well, she is correct." He sighs. "I'll be having Ms. Midnight evaluate your naming. Your futures will project the names you have chosen. You know what they say, 'Names and Nature often agree.' All Might is a good example of this." Aizawa then hands each row a stack of white cards. After Hakai takes one, she hands me the stack and I do the same. "You each have fifteen minutes to brainstorm, then I want you to present your names." I grin at his words. I've had an idea of what I want to call myself for a while. I've always been known to most people as a freak because of my quirk, but it's what makes me me. I quickly scribble down 'Freak Show', because who the hell wouldn't want to see a weirdo put on a show? Why else would they make a circus?

"It's about time, everyone. If you are ready to present, please come to the front of the room." Midnight calls. With a sigh, I stand and make my way to the front, standing next to Eijirou. The first one is Aoyama. His usual grin seems to be brighter, so maybe he's excited?

"Here it comes...I Can't Stop Twinkling!" He shouts turning his card around. To everyone's surprise, Midnight simply nods and gives him a few ideas to make it catchy. Up next is Mina who decided to go with "The Alien Queen". To this, Midnight said no and had Mina return to the drawing board. Tsu was next, showing off the cute name Froppy, the hero that kicks off the rainy season.

"I've known since elementary school what my name would be," she says happily.

"The hero of hard virility: Red Riot!" Eijirou presents next. He shows me his cute smile before stepping down after getting approval. I elbow him before stepping up.

"Freak Show," I state simply with a grin. Midnight gasps happily and smiles, showing her approval. I smile and head back to my seat, peeking over Hakai's shoulder first. "Hey, you should go next!" Her face flushes instantly and she shakes her head.

"Oh, no I-I don't..."

"Your name is good, Hakai. Be proud of it." I say resting a hand on her shoulder. With a sigh, she makes her way to the front and shows her card.

"Ruina," she states, seeming nervous. Midnight smiles and pats her on the back. After Hakai, the rest of the names seemed to come fairly quickly. They consisted of Earphone Jack, Pinky, Tentacle, Tail Man, Sugar Man, Chargezuma, Invisible Girl, Creatie, Shouto(I'm not sure why he wanted to use his actual name), Black Dawn(I haven't really met her yet, but her name actually fits very well), Tsukuyomi, Grape Juice, Uravity, Tenya, and Anima. All that was left was Bakugou and Midoriya. 

"KING OF EXPLODO-KILLS!" He shouts proudly. I wince slightly at his boldness.

"I think you'd be better off retiring that one." Midnight says shaking her head.

"How about Blasty McSplode?" Eijirou jokes making me snort. Finally, Midoriya walks up, choosing the name Deku. 'Isn't that what Bakugou keeps calling him?'

"Alright, everyone! That's lunch. Good work! Everyone but Bakugou is free to leave." Midnight announces.

"What?! WHY?!" 

"Because you're the only one who hasn't come up with something decent. You are staying until you do." She answers firmly. I giggle a bit before following Hakai, Eijirou, and the new girl out of the classroom. Hakai stops to talk to her briefly before the two of them part ways and Hakai comes toward me.

"Alright Taya, let's get some food."