Thirty-three: Lazy Day Lunch

For the next few days, we all laid low to avoid interviews and mobs of people bombarding us with questions about our quirks and how powerful Class 1A was. On Sunday, I figured it had slowed down enough for Eijirou and me to hang out. I had him come over in the morning so we could spend all day together. Or at least, as much of it as possible.

"Taya~~~! Your boyfriend is here~!" My mom calls from the front door.

"Thank you, Mother. I'm aware. I do communicate with him." I groan in response, making my way to the door.

"Hey Taya, how are yo-" I cut his question short and drag him into my house and toward my bedroom. "Oh, okay." Once I close my door, I sit down at my desk and sigh.

"Sorry to drag you, I just wanted to get away from Mom before she embarrassed us."

"Ah," Eijirou says before seating himself on the edge of my bed. "So what's the plan for today?" I smile at him before answering.

"Oh ya know, I was just planning on chilling out somewhere with you all day," I say resting an arm and my chin on the back of my spinny chair. He smiles back and chuckles. We sit looking at each other for a few minutes before my phone rings, causing me to groan and Eijirou to chuckle. I pick it up in confusion due to it being a number not in my contacts. "Hello?"

"Hi there, is this Taya Hanzo? Hakai's friend?" a woman's voice answers. She sounds vaguely familiar.

"Yes, ma'am."

"Oh good! This is her mother. I was just wondering if you would help me get her out of the house today? She's cooped herself up in her room since the festival."

"Oh, Mrs. Odayaka, of course! We'd love to help you," I smirk slightly. Eijirou tilts his head in confusion. I wave him off, I'll explain once I hang up.

"Oh, good! When can you come to get her?" She asks sweetly causing me to smile.

"We can head over now if you'd like."

"We?"

"Oh, my boyfriend and I. Hakai is friends with him too," I say with a giggle.

"Ah okay. You can head over now if you're okay with that. Just knock and I'll let you in. I'm sure you know your way here?"

"Of course! We'll see you in a few minutes." We say our goodbyes and I end the call and glance at Eijirou. It was technically the first time I've called him my boyfriend aloud to anyone other than our friend group, so he had a small smirk on his face. "What?"

"You said that so easily," he mentions standing from the bed.

"Yeah?" I ask looking up at him. He just chuckles.

"I take it we're going to Hakai's?" I nod. "And getting her out of the house?"

"Yep." I pop the 'p'. "Her mom said she holed herself up in her room and won't come out." Eijirou laughs again.

"She's embarrassed. The video of her kissing Bakugou is literally everywhere," He states stepping closer to me.

"True. Well, let's go take her out to lunch or something. She probably won't be too willing to just come with us, though," I mention standing from my chair.

"That's fine. We'll be able to "convince" her." Eijirou makes air quotes with his fingers and I giggle, knowing what he meant. "Hey."

"What?" I ask turning to face him. He walks closer to me until he's in front of me. He takes my chin in his fingers and presses a soft kiss to my lips before releasing me. I look up at him with a smile. "What was that?"

"Just a little something." He says before walking out into the hallway. "Come on, let's go get Hakai." I hear him open the front door so I go to catch up with him.

"Mom! We're going to hang out with Hakai! We'll be back later!" I call before closing the door behind me. Eijirou waits for me by the road for me to meet him. When I reach him, he takes my hand and we may our way to Hakai's house.

"Hello there, Mrs. Odayaka! We're here for your daughter!"

"Oh, come on in! I'll go get her." She replies walking to Hakai's room. We follow her when we hear Hakai squeal out a "Tell them I'm not home!" Eijirou looks at me before going to the doorway.

"Odayaka?" He questions softly."It's Kirishima and Taya. Your mom asked us to come." I join Eijirou's side to see Hakai's closet door open. Hakai has seated herself on the floor of her closet. I smirk. "We came by to take you to lunch with us."

"I'll pass." She says pulling her knees to her chest. Eijirou and I exchange glances and nod.

"You know if you stay like this, you won't have enough nerve to go to school tomorrow." I sigh.

"That was the plan." She grumbles before swinging the door shut. I frown and immediately open the door back.

"We thought we'd ask nicely, but you're still coming with us," I say sternly. She seems to get my message and stands with a nod.

"Okay fine. Just let me get my-!" She chucks a pillow at me, which hits me in the face, before bolting to her door. Eijirou jumps over and shuts it before she can exit. I get close to her and swipe towards her arm with my nails, intending on paralyzing her briefly. Hakai uses her right hand to push mine out of the way, but I'm quick enough to nip her wrist with my fangs, causing her arms to go limp before she falls to the ground. "Your paralysis bite?"

"Yep." 'You do what you gotta do to get what you want.' "Just know we're helping you out," I wink at her. "Mind carrying her Eijirou?" He nods before hoisting Hakai over his shoulder and sauntering to the front door.

"Come on guys! Please don't make me go out there!" We both ignore her pleas and say goodbye to her mum. We make our way to a little café on the outskirts of town and seat ourselves. By the time we sit, the paralysis has worn off, but Hakai is so paranoid, she's frozen in place. I glance up at Eijirou and ask him what he thinks he'll get. When we decide, I look at Hakai to see she's hidden behind her menu. I reach over and slap it down.

"Relax, Hakai. You don't have to be so paranoid," I say calmly.

"I'm not just paranoid, I'm super embarrassed! Do you know how many people stopped me yesterday, knowing who I was?!" I raise an eyebrow.

"I've gotta admit, that was very bold of you," I say with a grin.

"I know, but I don't know what came over me! Because of this, I not only branded myself in the public eye, but I managed to put myself at the top of Katsuki's shit list!" she shouts in agony. I think for a second.

"It isn't as bad as you think." She glares at me. "No, think about it. Being in the public eye is great for an upcoming hero. Also, Bakugou may have anger issues, but he's not going to kill you for this."

"In fact, he didn't even look that angry toward the end of it," Eijirou says with a smirk, I nod, smirking as well. Hakai thinks for a bit before violently shaking her head and smacking her cheeks repeatedly. "I really think she's starting to lose it," Eijirou says with a chuckle.

"I'm not losing it!" At her outburst, the café goes quiet. A few murmurs of the sports festival can be heard and Hakai begins to cower again.

"Chill, it's okay if people see you," Eijirou tries to calm her down again. Hakai takes a deep breath and we all try to enjoy our lunch together. The three of us talk about our different experiences at the festival. I accidentally made Eijirou anxious and a tad bit angry when I brought up how Tetsutetsu had flirted with me. Eventually, our time winded down and we had to part ways. "I've got this. You two go wait by the door," Eijirou says taking out his wallet. I smile at him and nod.

"Thanks for dragging me out. I actually feel a lot better," Hakai says sheepishly.

"We knew you would," I say elbowing her arm gently.

"Promise you'll come to school tomorrow?" Eijirou asks once he's come back from paying.

"Fine, but only because you guys paid for my lunch." We all smile before splitting up: Eijirou and I go back to my house, and Hakai to hers. Hopefully her day tomorrow won't be too hectic.