Twenty-nine: Used as Bait?!

"Are you excited to see Hakai's fight?" Eijirou asked Bakugou, whose eyes were practically glued to the stadium.

"Yeah. I'm sure it'll be a good fight." He responds without looking away.

"I'm actually a little worried for her," I mutter.

"Why?" Bakugou asks with a weird look on his face.

"Iida was talking to me earlier about what he believed to be her weakness. He noticed her stumbling out of the arena earlier and he thinks it has something to do with overusing her quirk," I explain as I watch the two walk into the arena with confident grins. Bakugou then looks from me back to Haki and Iida, who were now inside the arena.

"Damnit.."

"Begin!" As soon as the call is given, Iida sprints at Hakai, but she doesn't have a counter prepared, so she leaps from his path. Again, Iida charges at her and she dodges. This happens a few times, and you could tell Iida was keeping Hakai alert for attacks.

"Ugh... I know what he's doing," Bakugou groans. Both Eijirou and I look at him with raised brows, expecting him to continue. "It's a damn shame too...cause I don't think she has a counter for it," He says scrunching up his face angrily.

"Well..?" Eijirou pushes him to continue by leaning closer. Bakugou groans and shoves him out of the way.

"Is it not obvious, dumbass?! He's trying to wear her out by chasing her," Bakugou explains. 'Ooooooh! It makes more sense now that he says that.'

Suddenly Hakai takes action and launches a punch to Iida's chest. Iida falls back a bit and I notice his jersey is shredded a bit from the impact. He pushes towards her again, attempting to kick her in the back. He succeeded, causing her to fall to the ground, but not before she can break off part of his calf engine. Iida still continues to attack and chase her. Eventually, Hakai begins to stagger and sway in her place. 'It's like she's fatigued.'

Hakai then falls to the ground shaking. "Odayaka, are you able to move?" Midnight asks taking a step forward. Hakai lifts her shaking arm off the ground and reaches toward Iida.

"I...can.." Iida sighs, walks over to my shaking best friend, and picks her up before walking her over to the line and placing her out of bounds.

"Odayaka is out of bounds! Iida advances to the third round!" Midnight shouts to the crowd. I sigh and look at my feet, barely even noticing Bakugou stand and leave the stands with an angry look.

"I wonder what he's all torn up about," I mutter. Eijirou shrugs and rests his hand on my knee.

"Dunno. Probably worried about Hakai," He says. Just the thought of it makes me laugh.

"Ha! Bakugou? Worried? I'd like to see that." I say wiping away fake tears from the corners of my eyes.

"You never know. It could happen." Eijirou shrugs again with a chuckle. "They have gotten pretty close recently so it's a possibility."

"Eh, maybe. I'm gonna run and check on her real quick, okay. I'll be back shortly," I say standing from my seat.

"Alright, hurry back, okay? Your match is coming up soon." Eijirou says with a soft smile.

"I will. Don't worry," I say before smiling and slowly jogging off toward the infirmary.

---------

"It's always been like this you old hag!"

I wasn't expecting to hear screaming when I make it down to Recovery Girls's room. I had been standing near the door for a while listening to their conversation. I know, it's probably creepy for me to be spying on my best friend and her "love interest", as I like to call him. Turns out, Eijirou was right. He did seem pretty worried about Hakai, but who wouldn't be after watching that fight? She basically collapsed on the spot from overusing her quirk.

Apparently, her losing feeling in her limbs was a drawback of using her quirk too much, which actually makes sense.

"Aaaaaaaalright ladies and gentlemen!! It's almost time for our next match! We're gonna need miss Taya Hanzo from class 1A and mister Fumikage Tokoyami, also from class 1A!" Present Mic shouts into his mic. With a deep breath, I brush off my uniform and make my way down to the stadium, which luckily wasn't too far away.

'I hope you're watching mom.'

A/N: TAYA FIGHTING! *insert finger heart*

GUYS IM SO SORRY ITS BEEN SO LONG

I WOULD TRY TO MAKE UP AM EXCUSE BY SAYING HOW BUSY I WAS BUT I WON'T

I'LL JUST SAY SORRY

I PROMISE TO TRY AND UPDATE AGAIN SOON I SWEAR

I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!
THANKS SO MUCH FOR 2.7 K READS
I LOVE ALL OF YOU
THANK YOU AND IM SORRY

K BAI