Chapter 5- Fragile hearts

Pain is what makes us human
                                     ~~
I sit up in confusion when I hear screams and groans, I stand up and walk to the door.

I follow the scents into Lucas office, I open the door without knocking and the wind gets knocked out of me when I see what's happening.

Luca is kicking and punching a man, the man is laughing coughing up blood. "Y-you don't scare me," the man says.

"You say you don't but I can see it in your eyes that they do, they show me everything!" he spits and punches him repeatedly.

Memories of what alpha Jones did to me come back in a whoosh, I gasp for air and my only objective is to stop him.

"L-Luca," I whisper.

He doesn't listen he just pushes the man to the ground, I rush over, "Luca," I repeat but he still doesn't listen, "LUCA STOP!" I scream at him.

He freezes and turns to me with cold eyes as per usual, I shake my head. I never thought he'd go this low, like I knew he'd go pretty low but not this low.

I wipe my eyes and storm out of his office, more terrified than ever. I hear him curse and I walk to my room, I look at him painfully when I see him walking to my door.

I slam it into his face locking it and sit beside the door, "open the freaking door Lily!" He shouts. I would never even think about acting like this in front of alpha Jones, he's the one person whom I truely fear.

"Y-you're a monster!"

"Open it or I'm breaking it," he threatens but I make no move to open it.

All of a not so surprising second the door breaks off its hinges, he drops it to the floor and picks the splinters out of his hands.

He's crazy. But so am I.

Secretly of course.

He crouches down, "why'd you come in my office without knocking?" I stare at him in disbelief. "I didn't want you to see that, you shouldn't of come in there!"

"I heard screams, I had to. And you were going to kill him being the horrible person you are," I say quietly. I regret saying that, I'm so dead.

He growls and puts his arms beside my head, "Do not disrespect me," he growls and I let out a shaky breath.

"P-please don't hurt me."

"I have told you once and I'm not going to say this again, I'm not going to hurt you. You are mine, I don't hurt what's mine, but anyone who does will die," he says with cold eyes.

"I don't want you to kill anyone," I whisper.

"Too bad," he smirks and I frown.

"You are so mean, so cold," I say looking into his eyes. Something has happened to him to, he can't just be like this; or can he? I know I'm this way because of something.... Someone.

"That's why I'm the alpha of doom," he says standing up.

"B-but you are meant to be kind and loving towards me," I whisper.

"Apparently so but sweetheart... I don't change for anyone, especially you," I advert my eyes and he tilts my chin up making me look into his eyes. Why did I think that I'd live a happily ever after with my mate? This is no fairy tale.

"Remember who I am," he growls.

"Remember that I'm your mate," I reply and he releases me as if I burned him.

"Eat," he hisses.

I look around for any signs of food, "there's no food," I say.

"It's coming up," he roughly says.