Chapter 18- Beast

Has your life ever flashed before your eyes?

You just stand there and all you can do is scream hoping that something good will turn out eventually.

But nothing good comes, as I drop to the ground as if in slow motion my arm lands first then my head falls on it.

I cannot breath, all I wish was for someone to numb the searing pain that makes me scream non stop.

All I see is my body with deep claw marks, blood oozing out, I cry and cry.

This is why I hate not being completely numb to everything, the damage.

Everything's a blur as I see Luca shouting orders to everybody, my eyes lids become heavy but I can make out what Luca is saying desperately.

"Don't fall asleep. Please don't fall asleep" he pleads.

I reach up and touch his face softly "I-I'm sorry that I will never be good enough for you" I croak out in a small whisper.

"You will always be enough Lily" he whispers.

"A-after all.... I'm... Just a g-girl who... Who would do anything for you to love me" I whisper my eyes dropping.

"LILY STAY AWAKE!" He shouts desperately, pleading. "I promise that I will try us if you stay awake" he pleads.

I turn my head to him and give him a small smile "don't make promises that you cannot keep" I say and he shakes his head gripping my hands tightly.

"How do you know that I can't keep the promise?" He asks.

"A man who has done the same routine for years is incapable of change, I've realised now from waiting that you are still going to be the cold merciless alpha of hell."

He lets out a breath of air and I scream, I feel myself being lifted and carried inside.

"I'm sorry" I whisper as my eye lids fall heavy, letting my unconsciousness take over.

Luca's Pov.
I hear a scream and groan, what now?

'Check on mate!' I sigh and calmly walk down stairs, the screaming and crying doesn't stop that's when I quicken my pace.

I pull back the door and my eyes turn black at what I see, my Lily is laying in a pool of her own blood.

Angry claw marks tarred  into her shirt straight to her flesh, they are deep.

And my wolf whimpers seeing her hurt and screaming 'all pack doctors to my house immediately!' I roar and rush to her.

She's to lost in her screams and cries to notice me frantically looking around wanting to do anything.

The doctors rush in "HURRY UP! She could be dying!" I grip my black hair and Lily's eyes open looking at me.

"Please don't fall asleep."

"Please, please don't fall asleep Lily. Stay awake!" I say desperately.

"Don't fall asleep. Please don't fall asleep" she reaches up with her small fragile hands and touches my cheeks softly.

"I-I'm sorry that I will never be good enough for you" she whispers brokenly.

"You will always be enough Lily" I whisper back.

"A-after all.... I'm... Just a g-girl who... Who would do anything for you to love me" she says, her eyes dropping wanting sleep to take over. But I can't allow that.

"LILY STAY AWAKE!" I shout desperately, pleading. "I promise that I will try us if you stay awake" I say even though I'm not sure if I can do it.

She tilts her head and looks up at me with a small smile, I let out a sigh of relief. She will stay away. But what she says next stops any hope I have "don't make promises you cannot keep" I hold her hand and shake my head.

"How do you know that I can't keep the promise?" I ask.

"A man who has done the same routine for years is incapable of change, I've realised now from waiting that you are still going to be the cold merciful alpha of hell."

I let out a frustrated and exhausted breath and look at her as she screams, I hate thinking of how much pain she's in.

I lift her annoyed at the lazy doctors not being prepared, my mate and their Luna could die.

I admit that I care about Lily, I'm not completely heartless. She's my mate!

"I'm sorry" she whispers as her eyes close.

I quickly sit down and shake her "Lily" my breathing becomes rapid "hurry up!" I yell.

The doctors rush to me with all their supplies and I place her on the ground running my hands through my hair.

'I don't want mate hurt. What if she doesn't make it Luca?' I grit my teeth together as I watch them tend to the angry claw marks.

'I don't want to think about that, okay? If that happens we will die' he whimpers.

'I hate seeing mate like this.'

I sigh 'me too.'

The doctors finish up bow and leave me, I run the pad of my thumb across her cold bottom lip.

I swallow the lump in my throat, I'm so weak.

I lift her and place her on my lap caressing her red hair, I hate to admit this but I miss looking into her annoying beautiful green eyes.

I miss her pleads and I miss her sarcasm and I mostly miss her standing up to me, no one has ever dared to do such a thing but she has.

'Luca when are you going to accept our fate? Our mate?' Talon asks.

I sigh 'you know it's hard with everything that happened, I don't want Lily to get hurt because of the amount of people that despise me and want to take away a weakness in me. I cannot afford knowing that Lily isn't safe and sound in our bed where she always should be every night we go to sleep and every morning we awake, so please understand that this is for her.'

He groans 'but we are hurting her even more by not letting her know that we have accepted her Luca!' He yells.

But have I accepted fate? Have I accepted Lily as my mate?

Awe so he cares about her! At least that's something we know.

This was a bit of an emotional chapter (I think) I will let that up to you.

•comment•vote•follow

Once again thank you all for the amount of support you have been giving me, love each one of you. The silent readers, voters, followers, commenters- everyone of you!

Keely xxx