Chapter 47

Link's POV

As calm as I seemed on the outside, on the inside, I was seething with rage. Someone dared to hurt my daughter. She just got back to school and already she's been hurt by a bully. I'm going to have to talk to this boy. As much as I want to punch him in the face, I will be calm and just talk to him, but make my point clear. He is not to touch a single hair on the head of my daughter. I will make sure he's expelled if he dares to hurt her again. I'm going to be talking to the principal about this boy. "Amber sweetie? Do you know what Roger's last name is? I need to know in case he does anything to you."

"No, Dad, I'm afraid I don't. He's in tenth grade I think, so he's in none of my classes obviously. I can ask Cameron. Do you mind if I call him now? He wanted to know what your answer was on the tutoring and he seems to know Roger a little."

"Yeah, sweetheart. Go right ahead." I smiled. I was glad she had a friend, and hopefully he'd keep her safe from any possible bullies when I can't. I very much want to meet this boy. Amber smiled back and grabbed her phone and a slip of paper. She called Cameron.

Amber's POV

"Hello? This is Cameron."

"Hey, Cam. It's Amber. I'm at the hospital visiting my dad. He says he wants to meet you before he decides, but he's pretty sure you'll be able to. Also, do you know what Roger's last name is?"

"That's awesome! Um... his last name is Neal. I think."

"Oh wow. That's crazy. That's my last name. That's weird. Alright well, thanks, Cam. See you tomorrow."

"Bye, Amber. And no problem. See you then!" He hung up and I looked up at Dad.

"Hey Dad, it's probably just a coincidence, but do you know a Roger Neal?" Dad's got wide and he nodded. 

"Uh... yeah. Yeah, I do. I um... there's something none of you know about me. I have an older brother. We were never close. Ever. He hated me and I hated him. He separated himself from my family when my parents divorced. He moved in with my aunt. When he got older he moved out here and committed some horrible crimes that lead to Roger being born. His mother abandoned Roger and his father was put in prison. Last I heard, a 'friend' of Evan's, also a horrible person, was taking care of Roger. Never met him." Dad took a shaky breath and looked up at Rhett first. 

Rhett's POV

I had a confused, but slightly upset expression. Soon, it melts away as tears fill Link's eyes, but he blinked them away. "I'm sorry for almost crying. It's hard thing for me to talk about. Evan did other things as well. To me. Whenever I'd see him as a young boy at my aunt's house and we were alone, he'd hurt me. Badly. Mom never knew, neither did Aunt Vicky. No one did." Link slowly shook his head and I knelt down and hugged him. 

"It's alright, brother. Don't cry. I'm so, so sorry, Link. I had no idea. It's okay. You can cry if you need to."

"N-no. I don't want to cry again. I-I'm okay. Look, I need to contact the school and get Roger's information. I need to talk to him. Now." Link looked serious. I nodded and Amber gave us the number to her school. 

Link's POV

I dialed the number and a woman from the office answered.

"Hello? This is Burbank High School. How may I help you?"

"Hi, I'm Charles Neal. My daughter Amber is enrolled here. I just found out my nephew is also enrolled here. I'm not very close to his father, my brother, but is there anyway I could have his contact information so I can see my nephew?"

"Um... yes. We wouldn't normally do this. Could you please tell me your brother's name and his son's?"

"Of course. Even Neal is my brother and his son is Roger Neal."

"That is correct. His information is... (Gives the information.)"

"Thank you so much. Have a good day."

"You too, sir. Goodbye." I hung up and immediately put in the number she gave me. The phone rang several times and it was picked up.

"Yeah? What? Who is this?" It was Roger.

"Um.. hi Roger. I don't know if you know about me at all, but I'm your uncle. My name is Link. You met my daughter today and you hurt her. I just want to talk to you, Roger. I'm in no condition to hurt you if I were to see you in person. I don't want to hurt you either. I don't know if you can drive, but I'd like to talk to you in person, not just over the phone. I'm at the hospital, so there's no way I can hurt you and I promise I won't... Will you come?"

There was a long pause before he finally spoke again. "Yeah. Where are you?" His voice sounded slightly afraid. I told him my location and room number and he said he'd be there soon. I hung up and took a deep breath.

"Guys, I'd like you to go to the waiting room. I want to be completely alone with him. I'm sorry, I don't mean to kick you out."

"No, it's fine. We get it, man. Be careful. Call me when I can come back, alright?" I nodded and said goodbye to everyone. They left after about five minutes and I took a deep breath. I closed my eyes and opened them again about twenty minutes later when the door slowly opened.

"U-uncle Link?" Roger stepped in.