Chapter 28: Call From a Brother

S.coups's p.o.v.

I laid awake, not being able to sleep. It was probably sometime in the early morning but my body wouldn't let me sleep.

"What are you thinking about?" Jeonghan whispered, half asleep. "Why aren't you asleep?"

"I don't know." I said truthfully. "Something feels off. I just can't sleep."

"You haven't slept at all?" Jeonghan questioned and I nodded my head. "Is there something I could do to help you sleep?"

"I don't think so." I said and sighed. "I'm not sure what's keeping me awake so it'd be hard to find a way to be able to sleep."

Jeonghan hummed before lifting his head up. "I'm going to stay awake with you."

He said that but I see his eyes closing and he sounds like he'd fall asleep at any given moment.

"You don't have to do that so go back to sleep." I told him and he shook his head. "You're obviously tired and I don't want to be the one to keep you awake."

"I want to stay up with you though." He said before yawning. "That doesn't mean I'm tired."

"Just go to bed Jeonghan." I said and I could see him thinking about what I said.

"Okay." He said simply before laying back down. "I like sleep."

"I know you do." I said and played with his now grey hair. "Sleep well."

"You should try to get some sleep too." Jeonghan said in a very quite whisper. "You'll be really tired during practice tomorrow if you don't."

"I know." I said and moved to make myself comfortable. "I'll try my best."

"Good." Jeonghan whispered quitely before he completely stopped talking.

I closed my eyes and it took awhile but I managed to fall asleep.

It was same time in the early morning when my phone rang. As I went to pick it up I didn't bother checking the caller ID. However I did noticed the amount of moans and groans in the room as it woke everyone up.

"Hello?" I said in a strained voice from still being half asleep.

"We need to talk." A voice that sounded very familiar said on the other end. "I'm assuming you're not busy seeing as it sounded like you just woke up."

"Who is this?" I asked, getting up from bed so that I didn't bother the other members, who were trying to go back to sleep after being woken up by my phone.

"It's your brother you idiot." The voice said. "Do you really not recognize my voice?"

"Sorry, yeah I should have known that." I said and laughed. "Guess I'm still half asleep."

"Yeah, sorry for calling you so early." He said. "I wanted to be sure to call you when you wouldn't be busy. I have no clue what your schedule is like right now."

"My schedule is pretty much going to the practice room in the early afternoon and pretty much staying in there until the early hours of the morning and then we come back to the dorm to sleep until the late morning and then we repeat." I explained and my brother laughed.

"You can't be serious." He said, surprised.

"I'm one hundred percent serious." I said and laughed. "What, did you think life as an idol was all sunshine and rainbows."

"No, I knew it wasn't but I didn't think it was that intense." He said. "I thought it was only intense when you were a trainee."

"Both be a trainee and an idol are super intense." I told him. "Anyway, why'd you call? You said we need to talk and you sounded pretty serious."