Freak Out

It was a slow day at the office, as usual. All I did was to roll around on my chair and play paper hoops with the trash can. I attended one meeting with my boss, though. That means meeting new clients or seeing old ones. Joy. But the day mostly went through paper hoops and rolling around. I believe that my boss is aware of my weirdness and maybe that’s how I get my ideas from. Rolling around in the chairs and playing paper hoops. My boss is still looking for the best client for me because he cares about me. I’ve tried to befriend him ever since day one and it’s working out perfectly. “Hey, boss, can you believe that Nate’s about to graduate elementary already?”

            “Jacob’s boy?”

            “No, my boy. Of course he’s Jacob’s.” I rolled my eyes,

            “Are you sure? Last time I saw him… He just started elementary. Maybe that’s because you never bring him here anymore.”

            I chuckled, “Jacob hates me enough for taking Nate out for ice cream.”

            “Well, kids do grow up fast.” He shrugged, “Anyways, we’re currently low on clients. Yours to be exact.”

            “What do you mean low? You never made your mind up. I’m cool with anyone.”

            “You started here as an intern, right?”

            “Making coffees and photocopying documents.”

            “And now you’re my top architect. I must be the world’s best boss.”

            “Well, it’s hereditary.”

            “It’s a good thing that I saw your name on the scholarships list back then.”

            “Stop it.” I blushed, “The only reason why I’m doing a good job is because you’re a decent boss yourself. I mean, you don’t pressure me like how my professors used to.”

            “Maybe that’s because pressure always stops great ideas from emerging. You can’t rush great ideas, am I right?”

            “I guess you’re right, boss.” I nodded,

            “And besides, your immune system is worst than a newborn.”

            “What’s that supposed to mean?” I scowled,

            “You sound nasally stuffed right now.”

            “I always sound like this.” I sniffed, “It’s not my fault why I was born like this.”

            He laughed, “I could use some sense of humor in this office. Your colleagues are so flat sometimes.”

            “I live with colorful people.”

            “Would you look at that? It’s almost nine and I gotta get home or my wife’s going to kill me.” He stood up and packed,

            I stood up as well, “Oh, you don’t want that to happen.”

            “I know. You should go too.”

            “Ryan has a shift. Again.”

            “Again?” He arched an eyebrow,

            I shrugged.

            “Do you want me to drop you anywhere? So I have an excuse to be late.”