Breaking News

Gordon and O’Malley have done hundreds of operations, and about a quarter of them are major procedures- life threatening. Their hands never tremble after, but it’s different this time. They were trembling so badly that they had a hard time getting their gloves off. They have told both bad and good news to people before without stammering, but they could barely speak this time. It took them a little more effort for their hearts to pump blood. For the first time in  their careers, they don’t like it. They don’t like the aftermath of an operation. They could trust Toby with Ryan, but then they would have to handle the guys. The big dogs. They could feel the walls closing in on them. It was similar to suicide.

            Those two doctors stood in front of the door and did nothing. They just stood there, like an abandoned monument. If it weren’t for the blurred windows separating those two with whatever was behind that door, they would have stared a lifelong trauma right in the eye. They could hear the muffled happy conversation the guys were having. Even worst, if they’re not mistaken, AJ was there. They grew even more worried, knowing that AJ suffers from a panic disorder. So they might have to prepare an oxygen tube incase he starts hyperventilating. That’s the bad thing about doctors, and it tends to get irritating at some point. They prioritize on the bad precautions instead of the good ones. Always focused on the bad effect, the potential malfunction or problems, the possible bad aftermath. All they needed to wait for is the push of courage. Who’s going to take the first step? They handled this conflict with the manliest and fairest way possible: rock, paper, scissors. Gordon lost, zero to three. He didn’t want to do this, but asshole O’Malley pushed him in and ran away from the scene like he was never a part of it.

            “Gordon.” Sean greeted flatly, “What brings you here?”

            “I don’t like that look.” Cubbie blurted, “What happened?”

            “Know it all.” Mark rolled his eyes and cursed under his breath,

            “No, I know that face.” AJ squinted, “Something’s up.”

            Gordon squirmed in discomfort on his spot. He wished to kill O’Malley and use his head as a trophy. He could feel his palm started to sweat and the hairs on the back of his neck standing. All eyes were on him and he could feel himself shrink. He felt that no one’s going to look up to him anymore. He loved that feeling, which keeps him perky everyday. He’s well known for his annoying perkiness.

            “Hey, kids.” Glen ushered them all out, “Come on, let’s get something to eat.”

            “Papa, do you wanna come?”

            Sean shook his head and so very lightly pushed her to the door, “It’s okay.”

            Even though Glen is legally an adult, he still belongs to the kids group. Whether he likes it or not. He scooped both Jane and Daisy up and propped them on his hip.

            “You can come with us later if you’re hungry.” Daisy smiled and waved, “Okay, papa?”

            “Okay.” Sean smiled and nodded,

            Cubbie gave him some money and patted his back, smiling thankfully.

            “We’ll be in the cafeteria if you need us.” Glen gave them a small nod and shut the door,

            Silence enveloped them into this suffocating room. Everyone was holding their breath. All they could hear was the soft noises that the baby was making, having no idea that some shit was about to go down.