Anthony John

I spent the rest of the day thinking about that possibility. For the rest of the day, I tried to imagine his life without me. Then my brain decided to go further. I started to imagine the life of the guys and Ryan without me. What if the girl in starbucks in London wasn’t there? What if she was just a sundried old crummy chair with the mark of hundreds of different butts? What if no one knew that Pontius got hit in the head in the middle of the wave? What if no one knew that Isom was about to have that heart attack? What if Mark never made that smoking pact? Who would Cubbie freak out to about Nate? Who would understand Sean differently? There would be a lot of things that might end up differently, that’s obvious.

            The front door opened and dismissed my thoughts.

            Beau’s ears shot upwards and he quickly lifted his head up in alarm.

            “Look who I found!” That was Ryan and I could hear paper bags being crumpled,

            He shot off from the couch and scrambled towards the front door excitedly, Bark! Bark!

            “Yeay! You’re home!” I exclaimed flatly,

            “When’s the last time we go crazy with pizza?”

            “Who did you find?”

            “It’s been a while, smiley.”

            “Oh. Hey, AJ.” I patted a spot next to me, “Where did you come from?”

            “That doesn’t matter. The point is that I feel like seeing you, so here I am.”

            “Hurray!” Ryan monotonously cheered,

            He rolled his eyes in disgust and went back to me, “So, how are you feeling?”

            “I’m fine.” I shrugged,

            “You’re not doing right now?”

            “I’d go to work, but my boss gave me a week off because he’s out of town or something.”

            “What?” Ryan cried in disapproval, “You get to have a week off? That is so not fair!”

            “Sucks to be you, doc.” I snickered,

            “The guys aren’t on tour right now, so I’m apparently jobless.” AJ blurted,

            “If I were you, I’d find a part time job. Or, don’t the guys have other band friends? You can ask them if you want.”

            “I do have a part time job actually.”

            “What?”

            “A stage technician at some place, which you don’t need to know because it’s not that important. It’s not bad, thanks for asking.” He said and it sounded like the words were running over each other.

            “Congratulations.” I patted his arm, “I’m proud of you. You’re great.”

            “Wow. Are you just saying that?”

            “I’m not just saying that.” I shrugged, “You work hard and I admire that.”

            “You.” He giggled,

            “So, who’s up for pizza?” Ryan interjected,

            “How’s Tyler?” I asked,