Twins And Pontius

We went over to AJ’s later that night and just helped him clean some of his and Glen’s old junk. Ryan and I tried making crappy jokes that are not even funny just to make sure AJ didn’t feel blue. It’s also so he won’t get panic attacks easily. Ever since that major panic attack he had (the one where he passed out, thanks to Glen), he never had them anymore. It’s like it’s slowly fading as he peeled into this new person. I’d like to keep him that way. As always, time would fly when you’re having fun. Ryan and I went home pretty late, passed midnight actually. So I’m really sorry, guys. I love you. Sorry. Please don’t kill me.

            I had a really great night and it felt good being able to sleep soundly again. It’s like my acute insomnia is slowly disappearing. I think my life is starting to show some humane decency. I felt kind of bad that I left AJ hanging about Andy, though. But it’s also a good thing that he doesn’t know too. I’m just concerned that it might affect the relationship between those two. Then people start taking sides, and thus the beginning of the another civil war.

            My eyes fluttered heavily opened like a mummy rising from the dead. It just felt really heavy. After readjusting my vision, I just stayed like that for God knows how long. I was just staring at the ceiling with my mind empty. My head tilted sideways and I nearly had a heart attack. Ryan’s not Ryan. Ryan’s blonde and it’s long. Never mind, it’s not Ryan. It’s just Jane. Phew. What is wrong with me at this hour? “Hey, when did you get in here?”

            “Mommy and daddy went to go do something.” She replied, rolling around like a pig in its personal mud tub. Great job, Pontius.

            “Where’s your brother?”

            “He’s playing with Beau.”

            “Why aren’t you playing with him?”

            “I don’t know.” She grinned broadly, “Why did you wake up so late? It’s almost lunch time. You didn’t eat breakfast.”

            I lifted my arm so she would roll over to me, “Glen won’t be living with AJ anymore.”

            “Forever?” Her mouth formed a sincere ‘o’, an adorable gasp escaped her mouth.

            “I hope not.”

            “Why did he have to go?”

            “He needs to work. He’s a grown up already.”  

            “But that doesn’t mean that he can go away.”

            I sighed, “Some people need to go some place else to earn for a living, Jane.”

            “But is he ever going to come back?”

            “Of course he will. And if he didn’t, we could always go look for him and drag him back home.”

            “But you look a little happy. Are you happy because he’s gone?”

            “No. Heavens, no.” I squirmed mentally at her gaze, “You know something’s wrong with AJ, right?”           

            She nodded, “He gets upset fast, and he can hurt himself when he’s upset.”

            “That’s right, he has a panic disorder. He gets upset really fast and he can sometimes get hurt too. Well, he’s getting better at it. He’s not like how he was before you and your brother were born.”