Missing In Action

AJ just got a call from Cubbie, whining like an annoyed mother to get his lazy ass to the hospital right this instant. AJ was as lazy as his little sister. He couldn’t say no, though. The guys would be happy to take his life. Why can’t he just congratulate Isom through the phone? Wasn’t today a thousand times more technologically advanced compared to back when they were at Isom’s daughter’s age? He could also use this opportunity as a time to socialize as well. He needs friends sometimes. If Ally couldn’t grow tired of them for almost two decades, then so can he. He grabbed his keys and was about to go out when a knock stopped him. He was slightly thankful that there was an excuse. That person came at the right time and he loves that person instantly. “Coming!”

            Knock! Knock!

            He yanked the door opened and he could feel a gust of breeze swiftly ruffled through his hair. He opened his mouth, but then closed it again.

            “Hi, dad.” It was Glen, smiling like a five year old.

            “What are you doing here?” He pulled his son into a hug, which he slightly hates because he doesn’t have to get down to his knees to do so anymore.

            “Trust me, you don’t wanna know.”

            “Do tell.” AJ pulled him in,

            “Are you going somewhere?” Glen looked at him from head to toe, “You’re dressed.”

            “Uh, I just got back.”

            “Pfft. Yea, right. You? Out earlier than this time?”

            “Glen, spit it.” He changed the topic, “The guys can wait.”

            Glen’s smile grew and he started to teeter and tooter like an overly enthusiastic child, “No they can’t. They can’t be kept waited. Come on, come on, come on. Where are they? I can tell you in the car.”

“God, why do you love them so much?”

            “Where to, father?”

            He rolled his eyes at his son, “Hospital.”

            Glen froze, “Wait, what? Why the hospital? What’s wrong with them?”

            “Isom, son. Isom just had a baby.”

            “Well? What are we waiting for? Let’s be nice and polite and pay the new parents a visit.”           

            “How long has it been since you get this excited?” AJ chuckled, “You still owe me a story, sport.”

            Glen’s face fell, but then it regained its previous expression. “Don’t worry, dad.”

            In the car, Glen told his father on how he’s been feeling weird lately. His job hasn’t officially start until next week. Everything has been settled and organized. All he needed to do was to adapt to the environment in San Diego. Even though everything was apparently running smooth, he still has that weird feeling. They then both eventually settled on the feeling of homesick, which was totally normal. The thing that drove Glen to the airport when he ran away was the feeling of homesick. AJ honestly missed him. It’s weird not waking up to a drooling teenager. Glen missed him too. It’s sad to not being able be woken up my a foot on his rib. He preferred his dad’s foot compared to alarm clocks. Weird, but unique.