Not Really A Miracle

The idea of peeing on a stick is slightly weird, but it turns into something incredibly magical when you are on the other side of the story. It is so beautiful that it brings tears into my eyes. It gets you so excited that you feel like your heart is about to explode. It shows that some miracle will change your life. I peed on a stick a few weeks before. I did it at least four times to make sure that I wasn’t seeing things. Well, I wasn’t and I hope that the sticks were telling the truth. A few weeks ago, I peed on a stick and found out that there was a fragile little miracle living inside me. And that this little miracle would later grow up and take over as I come closer to death.

            The first breathing creature that I told was obviously Ryan. I just blurt it out by accident and he freaked out like an overly excited little kid. He was so excited that all of those workload and stress just disappeared from his mind. The same goes to me as well. I somehow felt so happy and calm. I had to stop him from losing consciousness. It was all exciting and stuff until Ryan said that we would have to tell the guys too. I forgot about them. That made me nervous a little. Crap. I don’t want the girls freaking out all over me like last time. 

            “When’s the last time you call all of us here saying that it’s urgent?” Cubbie asked,            

            The rest of the guys nodded in agreement.

            “Yea, it’s been a while since the five of us crammed together in your couch. What’s up?” Sean asked,

            “NO, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO MOVE OUT OF TOWN!” Pontius exclaimed, “NO WAY! I AM NOT GOING TO LET YOU DO THAT! NU UH! OVER MY DEAD BODY!”

            “WHAT?” Mark cried, “YOU’RE MOVING OUT OF TOWN?”

            “WHAT?” Isom followed,

            “DO YOU KNOW HOW FAR AFRICA IS?” Sean was being all mad and stuff,

            I heard Ryan smack his forehead loudly and I laughed, “No, we’re not moving… To Africa…”           

            Their chests collapsed in relief and their faces loosened up a little.

            “Thank God you still have your senses. Okay, pretend I didn’t freak out just now.” Pontius mumbled,            

            “If you’re not moving, then what’s going on?” Cubbie demanded impatiently,

            “Well… I took four tests yesterday….” I fumbled with my fingers,

            “What test?”

            And then I froze and couldn’t let the words out. “Uh…”

            “Is there any problem that I’m not aware of?” Pontius asked, “Harrison, are you in trouble? I’m definitely not bailing you out of jail for an illegal operation. You deserve the consequences.”

            “Well…” Ryan put an arm around me, ignoring whatever Pontius just said to him. “You guys are, um, going to be… Grandpas…”

            I closed my eyes and braced myself. I just realized that they’re technically going to be grandpas and nearly burst out laughing myself. They’re just in their mid thirties to late thirties and they’re going to be grandpas. That’s so old and sad.

            “What’s that supposed to mean?” Isom scowled,

            “Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa… WHOA…” Cubbie stood up and came closer to us, “Wait, hold on a second. Let me get this straight. We’re going to be grandpas? All of us?”