Breakdown

The girls wimped out when they were about to enter the room. The room where Ally lies lifeless hooked to a machine that she depended oh so desperately on. They didn’t have the heart and the guts not to only see Ally like that, but to see the guys look hurt. Even though they loved Ally as much, they wouldn’t be able to take it. They’ve been taking care of her just like their own little sister, but not as much as to compared to the guys. They had to prioritize, sort things out. They knew where to put Ally. They put her in something that only the guys would mostly give a shit about outside their love life, like their music careers. Ally is theirs. Ally is who they found on their own. Ally is their little girl of their own little family. The girls don’t mind. Ally has indirectly helped them become good fathers, so that’s an advantage. They know that she could make the guys happy just as how their own offspring would. They also had the reason to stay and keep Codi accompanied.

            Gordon led the guys to Ally. The atmosphere was painfully cold and tense, like the last seconds to D day. But this is not going to be another world war, but more of a heartbreak warfare. It felt like going into no-man’s land, the disputed line separating the trenches of their beliefs and the painful reality. They knew what’s going on. They knew what to expect. They just refused to believe it, with all their pride and dignity. They insist that the person inside that room, is not their Ally. It can’t be their Ally and it will never be.

            Ryan was inside already, with Toby keeping him accompanied. Toby had turned his radio off and Ryan had his pager turned off as well. He locked himself inside a bubble and brought Toby along. He was leaning on the window, blankly staring at his wife. His back was against the world. The world turned its back against him and gave him the cold shoulder, so he’s doing it back. He wished he could go back to that beautiful day, two years ago. The best day of his life. The day where he found out why live is worth living for. The day he committed his life for his queen. The day where his reality is a million times better than his dreams. He felt desperate, lost, hopeless, like holding on by a thin thread.

            Gordon gave the guys a look, telling them that the worst still could happen. The guys could feel the obese world sitting on their shoulders. They don’t like it one bit. What did she do to deserve this? They know that life isn’t fair, but this is just ridiculous. They were reluctant to enter because they were scared. They didn’t have the heart to see her like that, hooked to machines and breathing like Darth Vader. If she was awake, she would have burst out laughing because she was Darth Vader. She would have begged the guys to bail her out because she was bored. She would have told the guys that nothing is wrong and that she’s okay. She would have told the guys to stop worrying about her. But none of that is going to happen. She’s ‘asleep’. Gordon slowly pushed the door open and all of them held their breaths.

            Cubbie felt his legs turn into jelly. He dragged himself to her, his eyes glued to her closed ones. There was no spark of livelihood like she always had. He remembered that day of the accident, when Pontius was on her shoes. Could she hear him? Could her heartbeat race when she freaks out? Could she even freak out? He didn’t dare to touch her, especially wrap his arms around her protectively. For the first time since she steps into his life, he doesn’t know what to do and what to say to her. His superman was trapped in a cave of kryptonite and he can’t do anything about it.

            Mark wanted to go apeshit, but he kept his cool. She taught him to keep his cool. She was the only one who could calm him down the quickest. She would always be the one to react first. She would always know what to do. However, she was never on that side of the story. The side where it was her who caused him the need freak out. She was the only one who has the guts to snap back at him, obviously for a good cause. She was his happy pills and his alternative way of smoking. He didn’t want to quit at first, but he quitted for her and ended up liking it. He never got to say thank you to her about that. He has always wanted to say it, but he knows that she doesn’t really like it when he thanks her for the things that she did that benefits the both of them. It made sense to him anyways, so that ‘thank you’ was still buried deep down.