#23: How to; DIY Manicure and Pedicure

Hey girlies.

This tutorial is going to show how you can achieve salon style results at home without spending hundreds of dollars.

Manicure

Step One

Smooth the surface of your nails with a buffer and then soften your cuticles by rubbing a little bit of lotion on them. Gently push your cuticles back with an orange stick.

Step Two

Prep your nails for the perfect color. The key to long lasting polish is clean nails. Wipe your nails with acetone to get rid of the dirt and oils before polishing.

Step Three

Sitting on a table or desk will give you the best manicure angle. Place your hands on top of a paper towel to protect the table.

Step Four

Starting with the base coat will prevent your nails from streaks. Add a thin coast of the clear base coat because it creates a smooth surface for the color to cling onto.

Step Five

Hold the brush midcap, not at the top. Paint two layers of your polish with light handed strokes. Allow the first layer to dry before applying the second layer.

Step Six

Apply a layer of top coat to seal the color and to smooth away any flubs and flaws.

Step Seven

Slopw your nails to dry naturally. Don't blow on them because this will create bubbles. Keep coats extra thin so they dry quicker.

Pedicure

Step One

Cut your toenails straight across before moisturizing. Push your cuticles down using an orange stick and file down the square edges so they don't get stuck in your socks.

Step Two

For perfect nails, swipe your nails with acetone to remove dirt and oils.

Step Three

Place your foot an the edge of a table while sitting in a chair. This will allow you to be able to reach every toe. Also insert a toe separator in between your toes.

Step Four

Apply base coat. This allow the polish to last longer on your nails. Allow it to dry completely before continuing.

Step Five

Hold the brush in the middle because this allows you to have control of the brush. Apply soft strokes on your nails. Apply two coats, allowing the first to dry before applying the second. Save your big toe for last, this way it will be less likely for you to smear it when. you paint your other toes.

Step Six

Apply a layer of top coat to seal in the color and to smooth out any flaws and imperfections.

Step Seven

Wait until the top coat is dry. Allow your nails to dry naturally and never blow on them to dry them.

~~~

Thanks for reading
I hope this was helpful
If you have any tutorial ideas PM me @fairy_floss or leave a comment
Request for dedications ;)
ReComVo