#28: How to; Chocolate Peppermint Cookies

Hey people :) This tutorial is dedicated to crazygirl541 for the request. You can also get a dedication by requesting x.

Enjoy

Chocolate Peppermint Cookies

Ingredients

3/4 cup softened butter

1/2 cup granulated white sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar (If you can't find it, you can use white sugar but your cookies will taste a bit different and will be a little lighter in colour).

1 egg

1tsp vanilla extract

1/6tsp peppermint oil

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour

1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt (If you are using salted butter, leave out the salt)

1 1/2cup of chocolate chips

Method

Step One

Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F)

Step Two

In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar until they are fully combined.

Step Three

Add the peppermint oil, vanilla extract and egg into the sugar and butter mixture and mix well.

Step Four

In a separate bowl mix all the dry ingredients together (baking soda, cocoa powder, flour and salt). You can also sift all the ingredients through a sieve rather than mixing them if you want.

Step Five

In small additions pour the dry mix into the sugar and butter mixture and mix them together.

Step Six

Pour in the choc chips and mix them around to form a dough. Form teaspoon sized balls. Use an ice cream scoop (I once tried with just normal spoons and the mixture was like melting because of the heat from my hand...ugh).

Step Seven

Place dough balls onto a slightly greased baking tray that is lined with baking/parchment paper. If you can't find baking paper, then grease your tray with oil and sprinkle some flour onto it.

Step Eight

Bake for ten minutes, allow them to rest for five and eat. Don't forget to comment how they turn out ;)

If you don't want them to be chocolaty then you can simply skip the step of adding the choc chips.

There you have it. A simple yet wonderful recipe on making peppermint cookies. If you aren't very fond of peppermint, you could just leave it out to make amazing choc chip cookies :)

If you have a request PM me or leave drop a comment below. Show your undying love by voting ;)
Take care peepz ;)
Fairy_Floss
Aamna x