#56: How to; Stay organized at school

Dedicated to @discogummybear for the request. You can get a dedication too by voting and requesting down below ↘↙.

Each one of us has the same time in a day so we can't really organize time, we have to organize ourselves.

Being organized at school, unfortunately those words sound foreign, not just to me, but I'm sure to all of you.

Maybe its because you start the year with two suitcase loads, of stationary, and what do you write your semester exams with? That's right, a pen you found on the floor which may or may not even work. You don't even know where all those spare pens and erasers and glue sticks you had went.

Below are a few tips that will help you be a bit more organized in at school.

1) Gather necessary supplies. Make sure you have all the stationary you need, pens, pencils, erasers, sharpeners, highlighters etc. Instead of cramming them into your pocket or throwing them all in your bag like me, put them in a pencil case neatly. Make sure you don't ever sharpen any pencil in your pencil case because the sharpening will cause your pencil case and other stationary to become dirty and look old.

2) Use a binder. Organize your binder and insert all your papers into it. Clean it regularly, about once a month. I didn't and when I emptied my binder at the end of the year I found all these forms from March -.- Also put the most important papers in the front along with the papers that are due soon. Divide your binder into sections for each subject.

3) Do your homework. As cliché and annoying as this sounds, always do your homework at least two days before it is due. This gives you peace of mind and time to edit your work in case you want to. If you do keep postponing your homework to the last minute, you end up losing sleep and becoming stressed out. It also affects the quality of your work.

4) Have a schedule. And use it too. Also create a daily planner or to-do list. Constantly cross off all the tasks you have done, this gives you motivation to continue. Also when you create a to-do list break up your tasks.

For example; Instead of writing 'Do maths homework', write 'Maths questions 3, 4, 5 and 6'. That way you can cross off each number individually. Let's face it the joy of crossing out a task on your to-do list is what makes you keep going.

5) Organize your locker. Throw away all the scrap papers and keep it neat and creative. Put your books and papers in a neat pile. If you have clothes in your locker fold them neatly or hang them if you have that hanging rod thing. Just don't stuff them all in your locker.

6) Find a good place to study. Although a desk with a computer in a clean room may seem like the best option for many but you might like to sit outside with your books in a more natural environment. Its all about finding a place where you are comfortable in. Try finding a place that has the least distractions and allows you to sit comfortably. I mean who wants to study with an aching back?

7) Take a break. Eat a Kit Kat. (You see what I did there? No oh okay). If you want to be relaxed you need a break. You can't overload yourself with work. This is why you should stop procrastination and do your work on time. Check out Tutorial #35 on how to avoid the non-existant beast also known as procrastination. After about an hour of work or studying, take a ten minute break to eat a snack, watch television etc.

8) Be Squeaky Clean. I know this has nothing to do with being organized at school and studying effectively but it will help you work efficiently if you don't stink. Speaking of stenches make sure to use a deodorant. Use an antiperspirant one because it, unlike normal deodorants, blocks out sweat completely.

9) Take all your necessary books home. You honestly don't want to finally be in the mood of studying and then not bring your book with you. Also, as selfish as it sounds, take care of only yourself. It is definitely not your job to be supplying others with homework. If they agree then help them, don't allow them to copy because if they get caught it is your fault too. Also don't copy anyone else's work, this may cause you to get someone else in trouble and you won't have learned anything. Not to mention that the other person's work might be wrong too.

10) Have an organized room. A clean and fresh room will motivate you to study well. Also a dirty room might cause stress because you might spend the whole night looking for a paper in that jungle you call a room. Just kidding though :P Check out Tutorial #52 for tips on how to clean your room well in detail.

That's all I can think of for now. Let me know if I missed something, I'll make sure to add it.

Check out my story 'Surviving the Ashton Sisters'.

Vote ✖Follow ✖ Request ✖ Comment

Aamna Fairy_Floss