We're Back! (Part 1)

Stark Tower

BOOM!!! An explosion shook the building.

"LEO!!!!!!!!!" Piper screamed.

"SORRY!!!!!!" Tony yelled in response.

10 MINUTES LATER

The team sat in the living room. Thankfully, no one was hurt by the explosion (probably because many of them were resistant to fire), but everyone except Leo and Tony was mad.

"I was working on a defense machine!" Tony protested.

"You destroyed half of the building!" Sadie retorted.

"That was epic!" Leo said happily.

"And now I have to restart all of my projects!" Bruce complained.

"It was quite an amazing explosion," Thor said, "but did you have to destroy the kitchen?!?!?!?"

"That's what you're worried about?" Annabeth asked.

"ALL OF MY POPTARTS WERE IN THERE!!!!!!!!"

"Oh no! Not the poptarts!" Leo mimicked.

"THIS IS A SERIOUS MATTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"What are we gonna do about the half of the building that's missing?" Frank asked.

"We could rebuild it," Tony said.

"No, really?" Sadie asked sarcastically.

"We could make it awesome though!" Leo said enthusiastically.

"Yeah! With cool technology!" Tony said. "There are so many upgrades! We could rebuild the plane and give it a voice activation system!"

"And fireworks!"

"And a rocket launcher!" Percy added.

"Boys!" Annabeth scolded.

"What?" Percy asked.

"No."

"Awwww!" All of the boys complained at once.

"Maybe we should find out what caused the 'defense machine' explode in the first place," Piper suggested. Everyone turned to look at Tony.

"I. . . don't know," he admitted, shoulders sagging. "It was working just fine. The program was running perfectly. I thought that I'd finally worked out all of the bugs."

"What was the machine supposed to do?" Lauren asked.

"It was supposed to detect when monsters, aliens, or minor gods were near. Then, it would release an electric field barrier around the tower. We wouldn't have to worry about any more monster surprises."

"How do we know it wouldn't attack us?" Annabeth asked.

"We could program DNA into the machine. Those people would be seen as friends," Leo explained.

"What would happen if your machine detected an enemy approaching while it wasn't completely activated?" Connor asked.

"Oh, that's easy," Leo said. "It'd blow up." Everyone stared at him for a second. "Oh."

"How close to the building would something have to be to set your machine off?" Annabeth asked.

"Because it isn't finished yet, the search range has been lowered," Tony said. "Normally, it'd be able to sense things several blocks away. At its current state, the intruder would probably have to be inside the tower." 

"Why didn't Jarvis alert us to any intruders?!" Clint asked.

"If he didn't alert us, then he's most likely been disabled," Natasha said.

"Someone disabled Jarvis? No way. Impossible," Tony said.

"Why?" Sadie asked.

"Because I programmed him. The intruder would have to be an expert hacker!"

"So we're dealing with a professional," Jason noted.

"Or professionals," Natasha said. "There might be a group of them."

"So this isn't a normal monster?" Percy asked.

"Most likely it's a minor god, human science experiment, or someone from Thor's world," Bruce said.

"Thanks. That really narrows it down," Sadie said.

"We're wasting time with your jabbering," Natasha said. "Let's go!"

Everyone split up into groups and started searching the not-destroyed half of the tower. After about an hour, everyone met up in a sitting room to see what had been found. No one had found anything useful.

"Why couldn't we find them?!" Natasha complained.

"Maybe they left," Percy suggested.

"Yes, because that makes perfect sense," Sadie retorted hotly.

Percy threw his hands up. "I don't know!"

Then, the second explosion occurred.

A/N I'm sorry for making this a cliffhanger, but it was getting kinda long and I think it really needs two chapters. I'll try really hard to update soon.

Does anyone think they know who the intruder(s) are/is? Guess in the comments!

Goodbye for now, my beloved readers!

~ Crazy_Booknerd