FIGHT!!! (Part 1)

Brief A/N: For the purpose of this fight, Loki is armed with his scepter, and Set has full control of Fred's body.

Stark Tower

Loki stared out the window. Nothing. He stalked to the other side of the tower and glanced outside. Nothing there, either. So far, there had been no sign of the heroes.

"You need to calm down," Set said. "They'll show up eventually."

"If you continue with that careless attitude, the little heroes might find a way to beat us," Loki sneered. He glanced outside again and strode towards the door. "They're here."

The Egyptian god ran to the window. A green speck had appeared in the distance, but was racing towards them with inhuman speed. "Finally!" Set exclaimed.

It took merely minutes for the Hulk to reach the tower. He roared angrily (Does he have another emotion?) and began scaling the tower's wall.

Loki laughed. "Did they honestly think that would work?" He slammed his staff into the floor, and a shock wave reverberated throughout the tower. Hulk went flying.

Iron Man narrowly avoided a collision with Hulk as he made his way towards the tower. The green giant crashed into a nearby skyscraper, effectively bringing down the building. Stark winced. "That had to hurt!"

Below him, Steve, Clint, Sadie, Carter, Percy, Jason, and the rest of the heroes approached the tower from the ground. Hordes of. . . monsters? Whatever the creatures were, hordes of them spilled from the tower. Most of the things had humanoid bodies, but that's where the similarities ended. Some had tools for heads, some had wings, others just didn't have faces.

"Those are demons!" Sadie's voice came through Tony's earpiece. "Most likely, they're working for Set."

"Speaking of Set, I'm going to challenge him. Can you handle the demons?" Stark asked.

Clint laughed, "You're acting like you're actually useful!"

Tony just grumbled and kept flying.

As Stark flew towards the tower, he spotted what must be the Egyptian god of evil. Decked out in a red suit, Set watched the fight with glee, bouncing with a pent-up energy that was waiting to be released.

"Hey, buddy!" Tony called. "There can only be one guy in red around here!"

Set laughed. "And you think it's going to be you?" The god of chaos created a sandstorm beneath his feet and launched himself into the air.

The two traded blows. The fight had barely begun when it became apparent that Iron Man was outclassed. Tony was encased in armor, but each of Set's blows had the power of his storm behind them. Sand raked and slashed with surprising force. Miniscule particles worked their way into the suit's joints, ripping through wires and gumming up gears. Slowly but surely, the Iron Man suit was being shredded, both inside and out.

"Sir, damage is at 34%." Jarvis reported. "Now 49%. 65%. Thrusters failing. . . "

Tony fell from the air and landed hard. Set followed him at a controlled decent. He approached the fallen hero, and with the sound of screeching metal, wrenched the helmet from his head.

"Did you actually have a plan? Or did you just run right in?" Set asked, grinning mockingly.

Despite his injuries, Tony smiled. "That was my original idea, but they vetoed me." He turned his attention to his earpiece, "You in yet, guys?"

Natasha's voice came through the tower's broadcasting system, "Ready when you are."

Twenty Minutes Earlier