*Insert Chapter Title*

The Streets of New York City

"Someone we know has to be behind this. An old enemy is coming back for revenge," Steve theorized.

"I agree," Annabeth said. "It seems too thought-out and crafty for that not to be true."

"It must be my brother," Thor said.

"And how do you know that?" Sadie asked.

"He has the means and motive to pull something like this. Who else could it be?"

Hazel spoke up, "An angry Greek ice goddes."

"A Greek or Roman monster," Jason said.

"Or group of monsters," Percy added.

"Egyptian monsters or a mischievous god," Walt suggested.

"It could even be a group of mortals we've offended," Piper said.

Thor sighed, "Okay, it could be someone else. But I'm telling you that it's Loki. He fits the description. We've fought him before."

"He may be a god of mischief, but Loki isn't behind everything," Annabeth said.

"No, but he is behind this," Thor stated.

"Why are you so stubborn?" Carter asked.

"I am not stubborn," Thor said. "I know who the enemy of our cause is. Why won't you believe me?"

Carter stared at him, "Because you're being paranoid."

"I am not! My brother is behind this!"

Natasha stepped between the two. "Stop it!" she snapped. "We don't know all of the facts yet. Why don't we do some research and figure out who's actually behind this?"

"Do you have a plan for that?" Annabeth asked.

The Black Widow shrugged and smiled almost sheepishly, "Hey, I got them to stop fighting."

Annabeth sighed, "How do we determine the culprit?"

"What was the name of that show?" Bruce asked.

"Life: As We Know It," Tony supplied.

Clint gave him a weird look. "How do you know that?"

Tony winked, "I'm in the loop!"

Annabeth rolled her eyes. Turning to Bruce, she asked, "Why does the show title matter?"

"I was wondering," Bruce said, "if they recorded that episode in the network studio?"

"Bruce, that's brilliant!" Annabeth exclaimed, her face brightening.

Steve gave a nod of approval. "Now we at least have a lead to follow."

¤¤¤¤¤¤

Life: As We Know It Recording Studio

The studio was a disaster. Papers were scattered across the floor. Cameras were stacked haphazardly against the wall, many with shattered lenses. Several of the lights were broken, and the few that did turn on flickered uncertainly. A spiderweb of cracks had worked its way up the windows. Some had even shattered, leaving miniscule shards of glass glittering on the floor.

"Well, this looks like a train wreck," Percy said.

Sadie rolled her eyes, "Thank you, Captain Obvious."

"At least we know we're in the right place," Lauren said, sifting through the mess in hopes of finding a clue.

"Anyone else feel like we're in a detective movie?" Leo asked.