Assess the Damage

"YEAH, BABY! PARTY!"

The party ponies joined the fight.

They were all decked out in tye dye. Some carried bows while others sported paintball guns. Many of the centaurs were covered in war paint. A few had foam fingers over their hands.

Overall, it was a small group. About fifteen centaurs stood between the heroes and their doom.

"WHOO! NEW YORK CHAPTER!" one of them roared.

"NEW YORK CHAPTER!" His companions echoed the cheer.

Set laughed. "You think you can-" He was cut off by three shots from a paintball gun. The god of evil went down in a sea of green paint.

One of the centaurs turned to the heroes. "We should get you untied and back to camp. I'm Harold, by the way." He had brown hair and glasses, and his lower half was a black stallion.

"I didn't think centaurs were usually this organized," Annabeth said as a centaur with a tye dye headband began untying her.

"Oh, we're not," Harold agreed. "But Chiron promised us root beer!"

"ROOT BEER!" two of his companions yelled. The group spread out to free the heroes.

"Um, Harold?" Hazel said nervously. Free of her bonds, she pointed across the room. Loki and Set were already starting to recover. Loki was groggily standing up, and Set was wiping paint out of his eyes.

"Okay, time to go!" Harold announced. "Let's skip formalities!" He picked up Piper and Leo and set them on his back. The rest of the centaurs followed suit.

"How do we know they won't follow us?" Annabeth asked.

"We don't!" A blonde centaur with two foam fingers cheerfully replied. "But that doesn't matter! Chiron's giving us root beer either way!"

+++

The Apollo cabin frantically rushed through medical care. Tony had a sprained ankle and bruised ribs, Walt had a broken arm, and Jason was mildly concussed. All of this was quickly healed with ambrosia and nectar. Well, except for Tony. As a human, he had to heal naturally. Natasha, however, was the real cause for worry. She hadn't woken up yet. 

Will Solace stayed by Natasha's bedside while the rest of the heroes congregated at the fire ring, which was almost always vacant during the day. Harold joined them, holding a can of root beer.

"Alright. Let's go, guys!" Leo exclaimed. "What's the plan?"

"Leo, what are you talking about?" Annabeth asked wearily.

"It's time for round two! What's the plan?"

Steve sighed. "There is no plan."

Leo's face fell. "Whaddya mean?"

Sadie spread her arms. "Look around! We're in no shape to fight. Nat isn't even conscious!"

Leo fidgeted with the hem of his shirt. "Well, yeah. . . but she'll wake up soon! Then we can-"

"She might not!" Sadie yelled. Then she sighed and continued quietly. "She might not ever wake up."

"You don't know that. Natasha's strong. She'll probably be fine," Annabeth said.

"It's been three hours," Bruce pointed out.

"What if we get the Party Ponies to help us?" Percy suggested.

"Uh, no." Harold said.

"Why not?" Leo asked.

"We were barely able to delay those guys. There's no way we could beat them! Also, you're out of Root Beer: I took the last can. What would you buy us with?"

Tony sighed. "Face it, they beat us."

"Then what are we supposed to do?" Leo asked.

"Lay low and lick our wounds, I guess," Bruce replied.

"Innocent people could be getting hurt," Percy said. "I thought we were supposed to save the world!"

Steve shrugged. "The world just doesn't want us anymore."

A/N Update finally out! Whoo!

Sorry that it's so short, but I don't think I could have extended it any more without it being over-descriptive and boring. Also, I'm so sorry I took so long to update. This chapter was actually really hard to write because it's super serious and not much happened. But this chapter is necessary to further the plot, and I finally got it done!

Now, I HAVE A VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION FOR YOU!!! I was debating putting in a chapter from a random civilian's perspective that showed how life in New York had changed after Loki and Set took charge. Basically, everything went to crap and people want the heroes back. I was wondering if you would be interested in a chapter like that? Or would you rather I just continue with the storyline? Please, either comment or PM me with your opinion. I would LOVE to hear it!

Now, for the wonderful reader whose comment made me laugh! *insert drumroll* Thank you, @Cali_Keller for Thor's parody of the Little Einsteins theme song in the chapter Rescue Thingy!

I think that's it for this chapter. Thanks for reading! And don't forget to:

Vote

Fight monsters

Comment

Save the world

Share

Follow me

Thanks!

~CB