Brotherly Love

"Do you know where he is or could be." I say as I look at the time seeing it's 2:00 in the morning. Michael yawns stretching his arms, "If he left and probably won't head home, he's probably at the forest we train in."

He brings out his phone showing us it's location, "It's a forest in Southern California, there's a piece of land where an old man owned it but no one knows he passed away years ago and no one has bothered to take the land either."

Tyler gets up off the couch and grabs his car keys, "So there's a good chance he's there by now?" Michael nods his head up and down, "Okay then who's ready for a road trip?" Charlotte says while pouring everyone a coffee.

As we gather up our things and step outside Michael taps my shoulder, "Yea, what's up Michael?"

"What are you gonna do once you find Damien?" he says while putting on a concerned face.

"I need to explain to him what happened, I know what it's like to lose someone. Trust me revenge is not the answer." we go in the car and headed to the freeway. We couldn't fly in daylight and the girls can't fly anyway. Tyler had an SUV and I was driving while Charlotte was next to me in the passengers seat, Tyler and Ella in the back and Michael sitting right behind me.

"Hey" I said to Michael hoping he was awake since everyone was asleep. "Yea.." he says while yawning. "Is anyone else awake?" I say while concentrating on the road. I look at the back mirror seeing him look back at Tyler and Ella.

"No, everyone passed out. Huh, cute."

"What?"

"Ella is leaning on Tyler's shoulder." I turn off the radio which has been keeping me awake for the past hour. "Michael, why is Damien so driven to take us down?" I could hear Michael adjusting himself in the seat, "When he finally found out that his dad was alive he was so happy. The last time I saw him like that was when he found out I was like him."

I smiled slightly laughing, "Yea I know that, you told us." Michael started scratching his head, "Oh yea, sorry I forgot. I'm tired."

"Yea so am I. But that wasn't what I was asking. I was asking why is he so mad at us, doesn't he know what his dad has done?" I looked at the back mirror and could see Michael shaking his head, "No, he has no idea. He thinks his dad only did a few bad things to get his sister and mother back."

"Do you know what his father did?"

"No why, What did he do?" He scooted up towards me to hear me clearly. "Well, his dad was a man who was like a psychopathy. He had no boundaries as long as it meant getting his family back, even if it meant him becoming a completely different person." After two hours of explaining what Daemontrias did to everyone, Michael had a new perspective on Damien's craving for revenge.

"Okay I'll stop here and we'll get some gas." we parked the car next to the gas and everyone woke up stepping out the car stretching. "Hey Alex what... time is it." Tyler said yawning stretching his legs and arms.

"It's 9:38 am, hey Tyler you pour the gas while me and Michael get some snacks for the road. As we walked in the store I payed the gas and gave the signal to Tyler that it's paid for. While looking for chips and drinks Michael said, "Hey, where are we anyway?"

I looked at my phone and searched up maps, "We are in... Redding California, around an hour away from Sacramento." After a few minutes of grabbing some snacks; hot dogs, chips, soda, and water. Michael tapped my shoulder, "What's up Michael?" I said struggling to hold the hot dogs and soda while Michael held the chips and water.

He pointed to the front door where these two suspicious guys walking with there hands in there black hoodies. I starred at them and both avoided eye contact with anyone and kept from being seen by the cameras. They split up and pretended to look at the shelves when there eyes were dead set on the register.