Encounter

*Janice's perspective

After a few days I started to become a good friend of Odyseus and others started to accept me since I was nothing like an oppressor. Odyseus explained the history of this whole war going on, apparently this isn't World War III.

There were stories about two brothers, one had abilities while the other was human who did not, as they grew the human brother became envious and sought for power. This brother was the younger one who became cruel and selfish and only wanted power all to himself. While the other was the first to actually have another ability, he was called the "Child chosen by god" he was seen as a hero who was kind, courageous, generous and helped other no matter the danger.

The younger brother was living under his big brothers shadow only hating him more and more as the years went by. The older brother never noticed and continued to live a happy life, until one day before the older brother was going to marry his beloved wife. The younger brother found this power of pure darkness, so evil that anyone who came near it went mad from the very energy coming off of it. The younger brother was drawn to this power and fused with it becoming just as powerful as his brother but couldn't be more different.

With this new power the younger brother went on a rampage through the world eventually killing his brothers soon to be wife. The brothers fought to the death but ended in a draw, they eventually they created two groups, the younger one created the oppressors where everyone there only wanted power. The older created the redeemers who only sought for peace and equality. Through the years the older brother learned to forgive the younger brother for killing his lover yet the younger brother didn't want forgiveness.

All his life he lived under his brother fame and was never acknowledged. Now he only wanted revenge and power.

"Wow, this world is really screwed up huh?" I asked laying on the bed on the other side of the room of Odyseus' office place so he can keep an eye on me. It's already been around a week or so and I haven't been looking for a way to get back home because I was caught up in wanting to help this world.

He crumpled up a piece of paper and threw it at me, "Hey just because your world is less messed up doesn't mean you should tease ours." he said laughing. I rolled my eyes, "No. I think I do have to tease you." I said sarcastically. Even though it's been only a week I've become pretty well liked in this base of the redeemers. The families and the children really love me and to most of the base I'm known as the only person that was strong enough to take on Odyseus and probably stronger too.

I ended up helping him clean up his room where I was first taken to, now the room is cleaned up, the windows fixed. The furniture was taken out and now replaced with a big spruce wooden desk and a nice big leather chair. A small coffee table on the side and four nice oak chairs with cushions, the wooden floor was covered with a dark green carpet in the shape of the symbol with the rest of the floor in burgundy and black patterns.

George the new lieutenant barged into the room, "Captain! There are more oppressors coming over the hill." Odyseus got up and put on his cloak and quickly grabbed his sword. "Can I come and help?" I asked following behind him. He stopped me holding his hand out facing his palm to me, "Janice stay here, this isn't your fight." He went up to the guards in the hall and whispered, "Don't let her out." And then quickly left as the guard nodded and closed me inside.

I went up to the big window that we fixed looking out as I saw Odyseus leading the army to the hill and disappearing past it. All I could hear were swords clashing and explosions in the distance. I tried to open the doors but they were locked from the outside, I couldn't break it either because I suggested to make it out of that metal that chained me up.