Chapter Twenty-Three

"Babe, what do you think about this," I say to Louis as I hold up a dress to my frame.

The dress is really cute, but it doesn't fit me, like my personality and I am asking Louis because Kian is on the next isle and I need him to notice me without noticing me. He hasn't seen my face yet because if he did he would have noticed me.

"It's cute Hun, but I don't think it's you. You'll look good in it, but I don't think it was meant for someone as beautiful as you," Louis says.

I roll my eyes and put the dress back on the rack. I then go over to Louis and put his arms around me while I lay my head on his shoulders.

"What are you looking at Blaire," I ask him.

I can feel Louis smiling down at me, but I didn't say anything.

"Just looking at these t-shirts," he says.

"I like the blue one," I say looking up at Louis.

Louis nods his head and pulls me further away from the rack with Kian on the other side.

"We need to make a move. This is the last store that the Spy's in New York has reported," he says.

"Louis, I can't." I say to him.

"But you can," he says and pushed me.

I feel myself bump into a something soft yet buff. I turn around to see I bumped into Kian.

"Oh God, I am so sorry," he says brushing himself off and looked at me.

"Kian," I say with surprise in my voice.

"Iz," he says looking up at me with surprise in his eyes.

His eyes started to fill with tears and he embraced me in a hug. I don't know what to do so I just hugged him back. It feels so right. I can feel my heart beating out of my chest and I can feel the tears run down my cheeks. I have never felt an embraced so loving since I have hugged Elliot, but he is a part of my past that shouldn't be mentioned. After a while we both let go and we both wiped our eyes.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were living your dream in Cali," he says.

"I am, but I'm on vacation," I say.

"Really. Well since you're alone, maybe we should get a drink or something," he says.

I was about to speak until I heard Louis approaching us.

"Hey Izzy, I believe that we need to go if we are going to make it to our lunch reservations, he says walking up to us, but then his eyes converted to Kian, "Who's this babe," he asks pointing at Kian.

"Oh. Where are my manners," I say wiping away the rest of my tears, "Blaire this is an old friend of mine Kian, and Kian this is my fiancé Blaire," I say introducing the two.

They both shake hands and you could cut the tension with a knife. Kian was not happy that I'm getting married, and I know Louis hate to see Kian for the first time. When I told him about Kian's separation he was not the happiest. Although I try to hide it every day it still hurts me. The way he walked away so easily. I cried every night for the first semester in college. I have never felt so betrayed in my life.

It hurts so much to stand right here in front of Kian knowing what he did to me over a decade ago. I decide to just ignore the lump in my throat, the burn chest, and the pit in my stomach. I have to hold my ground for this mission to go right. If I break Kian can catch on and he can flee at any moment, and we don't want that right now. The guys finally let go of each other's hands, but the glares never went away.