Chapter Twenty-Five:

Maybe by Alina Baraz ft. Galimatias, I Would by One Direction, It Will Rain by Bruno Mars, They Don't Know About Us by One Direction, Chains by Nick Jonas, Held By Me by The Vamps, Brightside by Mindless Behavior, #1 Girl by Mindless Behavior, Half A Heart by One Direction, Baby I by Ariana Grande, Ghost by Jake Miller ft. Nikki Flores, I Want to Write You A Song by One Direction,

Louis and I sit in silence on our way back to the hotel. It was a comfortable silence and not so forced. I hummed the song playing softly on the radio and I nod my head to the beat. 

"What's wrong?," Louis asked. 

"I don't know. This Kian thing, I am not sure if I can go through with this. I mean yes, he did me wrong. Breaking up with me because of my choice of college that I chose and yes it sort of happened after we had sex, but the thing is I don't think that I will be able to hurt him. These feelings that I once thought was gone, has came back and I don't know... It seems as if he is still a huge part of my life. I can't live without him in a certain way. You know what I mean?," I say sighing after the speech I gave without pause. 

"Sort of. It's like you can live without him being yours, but you can't live knowing that he is dead.," Louis says trying to analyze.

"Exactly. What if I can't go through it?," I asked. 

"You will. When the time comes you will be able to do what you have to do. You'll know that it is the right thing to do.," Louis says putting his hand on my thigh. 

I look up at him as he looks at me and I smile at him. He smiles back, but then turns his head quickly to keep his eyes on the road. I place my hand on top of his. I don't know about us right now, but something tells me that we are going to be ok. 

We finally pull up to the hotel and we both get out of the car and hold each others hand. You know, since we are engaged. We made our way to the room and Louis went into the shower while I climb into the bed I've marked as my own. I pull out my phone and check it since I haven't really looked at it. I then see a message from an unfamiliar number. 

Hey Isabelle. It's me... Luke. 

I look at the time he sent the message and it was hours ago. I sighed, he must've felt like I gave him the wrong number, or that I don't wanna talk to him. 

Hey Luke. Sorry I didn't get to you earlier. 

Almost immediately he replied.

Don't feel bad. It's fine. I know that you were possibly busy. How are you? How is New York

I am doing good. New York is amazing. How are you? Anything new in Cali?

You know same old same old. If you don't mind me asking... Why are you in New York?

I am on a case...

Like a cop case...

Yes. I'm a detective. 

Wow. Really? How old are you?

I'm about to turn 23 soon...

Wow. You are way out of my league. 

How come?

You're a 23 year old detective and I am a 24 year old waiter. 

Doesn't mean I am out of your league. Just means that we had different backgrounds, different opportunists... Nothing to get worked up on. Lol