Chapter 8

Haley POV

I actually tried this morning because its Friday and I'm ready for the weekend.
JC pulled up to my house and I got in his car. Again awkward silence.
"What's that smell?" I smelt my shirt "oh its my perfume. Is it gross?" He keeps his eyes on the road "no it smells good that's all" I laughed slightly "thanks".
_________

School went by pretty fast and now it was time to go home but I had to stop by my locker first.
"Hey your that new girl right" some tall buff guy stood next to my locker.
"Yeah I am" I just focused on getting my things out of my locker.
"I heard people talking about you so I had to come check you out for myself". Ew gross. "And you're very pretty" I look at him ugly but he didn't notice.
"Thanks I guess" I close my locker about to walk away but he grabbed my arm.
"Where are going?" I yanked my arm away.
"Home so bye" but he managed to grab my arm again "but I wanted to get your number, let me take you home"."um no thanks" I tried pulling my arm away from him "no one tells me no"."well I just did so can you let my arm go" he held it tighter
"No come on give me your number" I tried to swing my other free arm at him but he grabbed that one to.
"Let me go" I tried to kick at him "why you're not interested?" He laughed "actually I'm not" his laughing stopped and pulled me closer to him "everyone wants me, you should be happy that I actually want you" he was angry but I honestly didn't care "I don't understand why everyone wants you" I spit back.
He put his hand on my chin making me look at him in the face "feisty, I like it"."fuck off let me go!" I tried to break out of his grip.
His grip loosened as I tried shaking off him and I fell back when I looked back at him he was on the ground and JC was over him punching him.
"Go to the car Haley" JC said as he dodged punches the guy threw.
I scrambled to my feet and ran to the car.
I waited in the car and looking in the rearview mirror to see when his coming.
"JC, oh my god. Are you okay?" I turn to him when he gets back in. The car to see him with a busted lip and cut on his cheek.
"You should see him" he laughed a little. I turned his face towards me and for once I took in his features. He was so beautiful and not just because he kicked some guys ass for me but he really was cute. I dabbed a wet napkin on his bleeding cheek "I'm okay, I can clean that up later" he turned his head away "thank you, JC" he shrugged his shoulder "anytime Haley".
"I kinda thought you didn't like me" I jokingly said but I honestly thought he didn't.
"No I just have..trust issues" he looked over at me while he was driving "oh I get it" I looked at the road "but your chill and my friends seem to like you" he smiled which made me smile.