nine

Joey

I hadn't seen Derek in two days. I walked across the hall and knocked on his door a couple times but he never answered. I even pressed my ear against the door to hear a movement; a sign that he was even there but I got nothing. Sighing, I returned to my room and flopped on the couch. Preston flopped down next to me.

P: What's wrong, did lover boy leave?

I rolled my eyes.

J: Don't make fun of me Preston. I'm kind of worried about him

P: You? Worried about someone? That's a first

I took a pillow and slapped it across his cheek. Preston laughed and grabbed it from my hand.

P: I'm just kidding. Look, maybe it's a good thing he left. He didn't seem like a good guy

I scoffed.

J: Who are we to decide who's good or not

P: Good point

He nodded. I stared at the ceiling, thinking of how much fun Derek and I had fun the past couple of days. He was a breath of fresh air in this shitty town and I don't know. . .he'd look at me like I was special. Important, even. Like he actually cared about me. I must've looked really sad because Preston sighed and nudged my shoulder.

P: People come and go. Sometimes it's for the better

I shook my head. That wasn't true. Derek and I were meant to be.

P: Come on Joey. I really hate seeing you like this. You used to be happy, especially with me. Don't you remember how good we were together?

I thought about it, rubbing my chin and squinting.

J: Yeah, we were happy

I said slowly.

P: Then maybe we should try it out again. More than just fuck buddies. I really care about you Joey

His voice was soft and his eyes were sincere. I chewed my lip.

P: I would never leave you the way Derek did. I mean, he just disappeared without saying goodbye. Is that what you really want? To fall for a guy like that?

J: No, I don't. I deserve better

P: Yes, you do. You deserve the world

Preston said gently. He leaned in and kissed me gently on the lips before pushing me down on the couch and crawling on top of me. We locked tongues and I felt his hands run along my body fast and excitedly, the way we used to do.

Preston peeled his shirt off, revealing his rock hard abs and tattoos and I couldn't deny how hot he was. Then he peeled mine off too and smirked, rubbing his hands together.

P: Fuckk I missed this view baby

J: I missed you too

I said, half hollow and half excited. Preston was always there for me, whether we were fucking or not. Some things never changed.

Daniel

I knocked on Joey's door several times. It was only 8 pm, he was bound to be awake. Or maybe he was out robbing someone. I could never know with that kid. I was about to go back to my own room when I heard loud moans behind the door and something inside me just snapped.

I broke the door down and stormed in the room to find Joey facedown on the couch getting fucked by that asshole, Preston. My head got hot with anger and I clenched my fists.

Joey looked up at me in surprise, his blue eyes wide and his face turning a shade of pink.

J: Derek! You came back!

He shrieked breathlessly. I looked down at him in disbelief and looked at Preston with pure rage.

D: What the fuck are you doing bitch?

Preston pulled out of Joey and yanked his pants back on, his own face smirking at me.

P: Fucking my boyfriend, what are you doing?

He said smugly. I advanced towards him and shoved him against the wall.

D: Don't you ever touch him again

I growled, swinging my fist before punching him across the face. Blood spurted out of Preston's nose and he looked at me in a daze.

D: Little prick

I was about to punch him again when Joey pushed me off of Preston.

J: What is wrong with you man? You can't just barge in here and interrupt everything

Joey didn't look that mad. If anything, he looked relieved I was there. He was now wearing sweats and a blue shirt.

D: I'm sorry but I can't have anyone else fuck you. You're my boyfriend Joey

J: Boyfriend? Please. You vanished without a word

He crossed his arms and he was so so cute. I brought my hands on his shoulders and looked deep in his eyes.

D: I had a lot of thinking to do-

J: About?

He said, cutting me off.

D: About you and I. To be honest, I wasn't sure if it would work out between us because we are too different, but staying apart from you made me realize that I want to be with you all the time

Joey's face softened, but only for a second.

J: That's sweet, but I can't trust you now. How do I know you're not going to just run away again?

D: I won't Joey. I really do have feelings for you. You're a great guy

J: And you think we can still be together even if you say we're "too different?"

Joey asked, a suggestive hint in his voice.

D: Yes, absolutely

J: Then prove it

Joey said. A devilish gleam shone in his eyes.

D: How?

He smiled sweetly, flashing those perfect white teeth at me.

J: Kill someone